Basic Training – Grinding Technology
Understand sanding processes fundamentally and develop process solutions
In this training you will learn the basic knowledge of sanding technology. The mix of theoretical content and practical application on machines will enable you to independently solve individual sanding problems in your company. Our experts will guide you through the latest techniques and best practices to deepen your skills in and provide you with valuable insights into this highly specialized field.
- Study format:
- 2 Days
- Choose time which suits you best
- Course fees:
- 995 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
- April 24 - 25, 2024
- September 18 - 19, 2024
Contents of the Training
This training provides theoretical and practical continuing education for users of sanding technology. It enables independent problem solving in the industrial context of sanding, with a strong emphasis on practical relevance. Hands-on sessions include the application of learned theory to flat and cylindrical sanding machines, as well as small group work on a case study to apply learned concepts.
Day 1 | Basics
Day 2 | Measuring
Develop new skills and gain industry-specific knowledge
- Basic knowledge of sanding processes, tools, dressing principles, use of coolants, sensors and measuring equipment
- Ability to independently solve problems in everyday industrial sanding operations
- Strong emphasis on practical application
- Practical parts with application of learned theories on surface and cylindrical grinding machines
- Work on a case study in small groups to apply the learned content
Scientific Lead & Lecturers of this Basic Training
Teaching Institutes & Partner
The Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University carries out both basic research and consulting projects oriented to the needs of industry, thus developing innovative, practical solutions for the successful development of companies. The goal of addressing the entire spectrum of production engineering issues in one house results in a broad field of work that ranges from strategic innovation, production and quality management to control, machine, production and measurement technology.
Participation Requirements & Target Group
This basic training on sanding technology is suitable for all users of sanding technology, master craftsmen, employees in the field of machine operation and workshop management. You will benefit most if you work in the areas of:
- work preparation
The number of participants is limited to 20 persons in order to ensure an efficient knowledge transfer in the dialog between the participants and lecturers is guaranteed.
2 Days | 995 € (exempted from sales tax)
incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival and departure
- Target audience: Users of sanding technology, master craftsmen, employees in the field of machine operation and workshop management
- RWTH Certificate of Attendance
- 5% Alumni Discount
Why grinding technology at RWTH Aachen University?
- You will receive targeted expertise through specific supervision by expert lecturers with consulting experience from the Machine Tool Laboratory WZL at RWTH Aachen University, one of the world's best technical universities.
- You will gain basic knowledge of processes, tools, use of cooling lubricants, sensors and measuring equipment in order to better understand and solve grinding problems and their causes in everyday industrial work.
- This is a hands-on training, which means that the knowledge is consolidated by means of practical demonstrations on machines and tools as well as case studies.
RWTH Certificate of Attendance & Digital Badge
You will receive an Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance "Sanding Technology". The achievements contribute fundamentally to your professional development. In addition, you will receive the certificate as a verified digital badge protected and authenticated by the blockchain, which will specifically strengthen your professional portfolio through its unlimited visibility, security and flexibility.
Our in-house training offers a wide range of academic and professional skills tailored to your company's specific challenges and goals. We work closely with you to develop a customized training, compiled from proven teaching methods and the expertise of our qualified lecturers to ensure optimal learning outcomes for your professional development.
Would one of our trainings also be of interest to your entire team/company? Contact us: Our team for your team! We will be happy to advise you on the possibility of an in-house course. Give us a call or send us an email – we will tailor your further training to your needs!
If you live/work in Germany, there are a number of government funding opportunities for your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example the
- individual federal states
(e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- education premium
- educational leave
Further Questions? Feel free to contact us!
Do you have any questions about this training, or do you need support with funding or finding a place to stay?
Feel free to contact our team at any time. We are always happy to help you.