RWTH Seminar Interconnection of Robot Systems
Cooperation in Collaborative Robotics
Gain an insight into the networking possibilities of robots in a production line. Learn how robotic perception of other robots within the production line as well as environmental changes can be achieved through appropriate networking (in cloud systems) and how this influences human-involved production lines or changes at workplaces.
- Study format:
- 2 Days
- After announcement/on request
- Course fees:
- 1,150 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
You will learn:
- Configuring and deploying a cloud system for the control of a robot team
- Global and local sensor systems
- Development of individual application possibilities
- Connecting several robot systems in a demo scenario
Contents of the Training
Based on the idea of a global superior control system, the basics of cloud computing are developed. The potentials of the central control systems are presented and the questions about the reliability and safety of the systems are explained. This is followed by a discussion of an exemplary scenario and the benefits of this structure. Finally, an outlook is given on the "Digital Shadow" and "Big Data" as well as the corresponding applications in the "Factory of the Future".
Introduction to central control systems
Global vs. local sensor systems
Interconnection of robots
The Lecturers of the Seminar Interconnection of Robot Systems
Experts from the Institute of Transmission Technology, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) at RWTH Aachen University.
Prof. Burkhard Corves & Prof. Mathias Hüsing (Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics, RWTH Aachen University)
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- The course is especially suitable for automation technicians, engineers, computer scientists, managers.
- You will especially benefit if you come from the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, logistics or production
The seminar does not include an exam and concludes with an official RWTH certificate of attendance.
Why the Seminar Interconnection of Robot Systems at the RWTH International Academy?
- Agile, freely networked assembly systems can be characterized by the sensor-supported cooperation of several robots - the foundation of Industry 4.0. In order to develop such a cooperation system, the basics of communication between robot systems and the necessary structure for a central control system are introduced.
- You will receive targeted specialist knowledge through the specific support of expert lecturers from the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics.
- This is a practical training program at one of the world's best technical universities and you will acquire state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will obtain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!