M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems
Fuse your engineering knowledge with business skills and lead companies to success. Empower your staff with your management skills to turn your collective vision into reality. Unlock your business leader potential with an M.Sc. MME-PS and contribute to framing the economy of the 21st century.
There is no application fee.
- Study format:
- M.Sc. Degree Program
- 2 years (4 Semesters)
- B.Sc./ B.Tech./ B.Eng. & 1 year work experience
- Credit Points:
- 120 ECTS
- Course fees:
- 22,000 € in total
As a MME-PS Graduate you will
- manage engineers and cross-disciplinary employees in global teams
- optimize management control systems for yield improvement and efficient planning
- plan cutting-edge factories with innovative production machines and assembly systems
Over the course of my studies, I can firmly say that the captivating city of Aachen and research potential at RWTH University hold a tremendous potential for sculpting a freshman into a technically and personally responsible individual. I would like to urge new students who are looking forward to being a part of this prestigious university to make the most of the offered opportunities.Sanika Apte
M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems fuses business skills with Mechanical Engineering expertise made in Germany. It focuses Research and Development (R&D) practice in the four areas of organization, manufacturing technology, production machines and resources, and quality management. Base your research on the cutting-edge technology at the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University. This research at the WZL flows directly in to the classes taught in MME-PS so that you will always have the most up-to date knowledge in your courses.
Business modules are offered by RWTH School of Business and Economics. The classes are specifically oriented towards industry application. You will be trained to understand management processes as well as social and environmental issues in emerging economies. This program challenges you to approach development and management from both technical and business perspectives. Frame the new economy with MME-PS and unlock the potential of the Internet of Things.
Sounds good, but you are not interest in management? Learn more about our sister program M.Sc. Networked Production Engineering.
In addition, you will complete the following coursework:
- Curricular Language Course
- Six-month Master's Thesis
Curricular Language Course
Learning German is essential to help students successfully integrate into a German cultural environment and furthermore pursue internship and job opportunities in Germany. In order to graduate in this Master's degree program, students need to pass one level of German. Students without previous knowledge in the German language begin their first semester with an A1 level course. All other students need to take a placement test to assess their skill level.
For more information on placement test dates and registration deadlines check the homepage of RWTH Language Center.
Six-month Master's Thesis
The Master’s thesis is the final examination to complete the M.Sc. MME-PS. Students need to have achieved at least 80 CP in order to register their Master’s thesis, which will then need to be completed within six months. The Master’s Thesis can be written internally with the Institute or externally with a company. Students need to formally register their Master’s thesis with the Master’s Thesis Registration Sheet (Erfassungsbogen).
The application process is 100% digital and there is no application fee!
In order to apply you'll need the following documents:
- University transcript of records
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) – (Non-EU applicants!)
- Proof of at least 12 months' work experience
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation
- University degree certificate
- APS (only for applicants with a first degree from China)
Academic Requirements for MME-PS
Proof of Work Experience
Letter of Recommendation
Letter of Motivation
English Language Requirements
If your documents were not issued in German or English, you must have a certified translator translate them into either German or English. These copies do not need to be notarized.
We help you prepare for the GRE
Non-EU and non-EEA applicants need to fulfill the following mandatory minimum requirement:
Proof of the GRE General Test with minimum scores at the time of application:
Verbal Reasoning: 145
Quantitative Reasoning: 160
Analytical Writing: 3
Tuition Fees & Expenses
Tuition fees are charged for all programs organized by RWTH International Academy. In this section you can find payment information and general information about living cost in Germany. You can also have a look at the scholarship section for funding opportunities.
Tuition and Semester Fees
- Tuition fees: 5,500 € per semester (22,000 € in total; 4 semester regular study period)
- Semester fees at RWTH Aachen University: approx. 300 € per semester
(includes the semester ticket for public transport within the whole state of North Rhine-Westphalia, part of Belgium and part of the Netherlands)
Payment Regulation for the Tuition Fees
Payment Regulation for the Semester Fees
Living Costs in Germany
Complete applications submitted until January 15 (Non-EU) / April 15 (EU) receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on the tuition fees!
All-inclusive Master Package
Are you interested in an all-round carefree package for your first year in Aachen? Find more information about our All-inclusive Master Package here.
Admitted Students | Next Steps
In order to prepare for your studies in Aachen, you need to tackle a number of organizational questions. Here we provide you with an overview of all necessary steps that need to be completed before and after travelling to Germany.
First Steps after Admission
- Claim your place in the program of your choice.
- Apply for your visa.
- Book temporary accommodation and start looking for long-term options.
- Get health insurance. You can find more info here.
- Plan your trip & your stay.
- Sign up to our Peer-2-Peer Mentoring Program to find a senior who can guide you through the first few weeks.
- Register for your Master's Prep Courses.
First Steps after Arrival
- Register your new address at City Hall.
- Apply for your Residence Permit: As the entry visa is generally only valid for a few weeks, we recommend you visit the local immigration office (Ausländeramt) as soon as possible.
- Open a bank account: You are free to choose any bank.
- Get health insurance: In order to enroll at the University, you'll need proof of insurance.
- Enroll at RWTH Aachen University: In order to oficially become a student, you will need to enroll at the International Office.
This section is intended to provide interested applicants and enrolled master students with important information about academics as well as rules and regulations in academic matters.
Please find the curricula under the section Program Structure.
This program starts with the winter semester in early October of each year. The German academic year is made up of a winter and a summer semester. Lectures are held until the middle of February in the winter semester and until the middle of July in the summer semester. Most exams are held in the lecture-free period (mid February to the end of March/mid July to the end of September).
For more info, check RWTH Aachen University's Academic Calendar.
All courses and examinations at RWTH Aachen University are subject to the General Examination Regulation. This legal document together with your course's specific Examination Regulation form the legal basis of any program offered at RWTH. These important documents determine the scope of your studies and inform about all rules and regulations regarding admission, exams, course structure, master thesis, etc.
All matters concerning examinations are dealt with by the ZPA - the Central Examination Office. You can go to the ZPA with questions relating:
- the registration process for examinations and deadlines (check the dates and procedure at the beginning of each semester)
- the status of your examination registration (check each subject after the examination registration period)
- instructions for online withdrawal/ exam cancellation
For further details, please view the M.Sc. MME-PS-specific Examination Regulations as published by RWTH's Official Announcements.
Take a Sneak Peak at your Studies
Have a look at the following online media to get a sneak preview of what you can expect as one of our students.