M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems
Fuse your engineering knowledge with business management skills and become an industrial engineer who can lead companies to success. With our interdisciplinary M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems (MME-PS), you will develop a global mindset to manage industrial projects while building a strong application orientated background to plan new production technologies and systems.
- Study format:
- Master’s Degree Program
- 2 years (4 semesters) full time (Start: Winter semester 2023/24)
- Credit Points:
- 120 ECTS
- Course fees:
- 22,000 €
- M.Sc., awarded by RWTH Aachen University
Take your engineering skills to the next level
The M.Sc. MME-PS provides in-depth knowledge and understanding of production technology, production systems and production-related processes and particularly focuses on industrial R&D practice in the four areas of organization, manufacturing technology, production machines and resources, and quality management. Unlock your business leader potential by learning crucial management skills and approaching industrial development and its management from both a technical and business perspective.
As an M.Sc. MME-PS student, you will learn to
- design, direct, monitor and optimize production processes
- optimize management control systems for more efficient financial planning and cost analysis
- identify and implement measures for yield improvement, test optimization and product cost-ability methods
- plan cutting-edge factories by selecting innovative production machines and assembly systems
The MME-PS program is under the academic direction of the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University. The WZL stands worldwide and for many decades for successful and forward-thinking research in the field of production engineering. With the management modules conducted by the RWTH School of Business and Economics, a unique combination of the most up-to-date know-how from both institutions will be directly incorporated into the curriculum.
Unlock your business leader potential
You will deepen your knowledge in modules of classical and advanced production technology and will be trained to become industry-oriented managers with a sound knowledge of key management processes. A large number of electives allows you to widen your scope of knowledge and focus on your specific area of interest.
Check out the curriculum and the detailed module manual for M.Sc. MME-PS.
Downloaded from RWTHonline on September 23, 2022, subject to change without notice, all data without guarantee.
Engineering Compulsory Courses
Elective Courses Engineering
Management Compulsory Courses
Explore your future career
Engineering graduates with business know-how are increasingly sought after in today's industrial world. Tomorrow’s company leaders must be prepared to take on independent leadership tasks and act on their own responsibility, as well as being able to manage and empower staff to lead organizations to success. The M.Sc. MME-PS addresses these demands with its fusion of sound production technology knowledge and key management skills, training engineering experts to shape the economy of the 21st century.
Upon successful completion of the M.Sc. MME-PS, you
- work at the interface between engineering and business issues in companies and know the application fields of production engineering
- manage engineers and cross-disciplinary employees in global teams
- understand the technical and business challenges and critical areas in an international context
- lead projects to success in a solution-oriented and target-oriented manner
- recognize new developments and technologies at an early stage and to evaluate their significance for the respective field of activity
Find out what fields our M.Sc. MME-PS graduates work in …
… and what careers they pursue
Your path to success
We want you to be successful - right from the start! Even before you begin your studies, we plan your course schedule with you and agree on goals that you want to achieve in each semester. Regular meetings and proactive academic advising during your time with us will help you identify your strengths and continually develop them. Our mentoring programs, extra-curricular events and general career support will equip you to graduate with honors and give you a head start for a unique career in Germany, Europe or worldwide.
Your way to us
Do you want to take your career to the next level with a Master's Degree at RWTH Aachen University? Start preparing your application now and discover how you can experience a successful start at RWTH Aachen University.
To become a MME-PS student you must fulfill the following admission requirements:
1. A Bachelor Degree
2. Relevant Work Experience
3. GRE General Test or Completed GEC
4. Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects
- Non-EU applicants: December 2 to March 1
(Applicants who are citizens of a country outside of EU/EEA)
- EU applicants: December 2 to July 15(Applicants who are citizens of a EU/EEA country, applicants who are currently enrolled at RWTH Aachen and applicants who are degree holders of a German University)
Our Application deadline for EU-applicants ends July 15th:
Start your application for one of our Master’s degree programs in Engineering and Humanties and apply until July 15, 2023!
Any further questions?
We will be happy to answer your questions about the curriculum, our admission requirements, our scholarship opportunities, and whatever else is on your mind. Just write us an e-mail and we will get in touch with you.
Book a digital one-on-one appointment
If you wish to speak to us in person, you can book a digital one-on-one appointment with our Student Advisor Johanna, who will answer your questions and guide you with your application.
Select the topic which you would like to discuss, choose a day and time, and enter your personal information.