M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering
Become a project engineer who works at the intersection of digitalization, technology and production. As student of our M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering (M.Sc. MME-CAME), you will learn to combine your mechanical engineering know-how with business skills to successfully manage the digital transformation of industrial value creation processes.
- Study format:
- Master’s Degree Program
- 2 years (4 semesters) full time (Start: Winter semester 2023/24)
- Credit Points:
- 120 ECTS
- Course fees:
- 22,000 €
- M.Sc., awarded by RWTH Aachen University
Take your engineering skills to the next level
The M.Sc. MME-CAME is specifically designed to provide business management and technical skills to young engineering professionals. As an interdisciplinary Master's degree program, it combines sound knowledge of key engineering fundamentals such as the finite element method, numerical methods, simulation, mechanics and software engineering with solid knowledge of essential management processes in marketing, accounting, human resource and international business. Our Management and Engineering degree program will enable you to manage and adapt to business changes with innovative problem-solving skills and prepare you to move into advanced engineering positions as well as business leadership roles.
As an M.Sc. MME-CAME student, you will learn to
- develop and apply computer-aided modeling and simulation techniques in advanced manufacturing processes
- design and control increasingly digitally networked production systems
- deploy methods of data analysis for life cycle predictions and assessments of materials
- cultivate system-analytical thinking in quality management tasks
- connect technological questions with a business perspective through financial, human resource and strategic management skills
Your studies – your choice: Choose a study track
To equip you with the specialization you need for your individual career path, we offer two study tracks in the M.Sc. MME-CAME:
Modelling and Simulation Engineering (MSE)
In MSE you will specialize in the areas of
- computer-aided modeling and simulation technology
- computer-aided design
- computer-aided production in mechanical engineering, design of manufacturing processes, life cycle prediction of materials, parts and components
Learn more about the MSE Track
Digital Engineering (DE)
In DE you will focus on
- the technical application fields of networked production
- manage and design an integrated production chain
- concepts and application of IIoT, physical systems (digital twin), smart factory, smart production processes and smart business processes
Learn more about the DE Track
Get an idea of the program
You will complete four compulsory modules in engineering in the 1st semester and six compulsory modules in management during the 2nd and 3rd semester. With the start of the 2nd semester, you will then focus on your specific study track and can deepen your knowledge through a wide range of electives.
Check out the detailed module manual for M.Sc. MME-CAME.
Downloaded from RWTHonline on September 23, 2022, subject to change without notice, all data without guarantee.
Engineering Compulsory Courses
MSE Compulsory Courses
Management Compulsory Courses
DE Compulsory Courses
Explore your future career
Graduates trained to understand both the art of management and complex engineering processes are increasingly sought after in today's industrial world. The M.Sc. MME-CAME addresses this demand with its unique fusion of engineering and management knowledge, training tomorrow’s leaders with a strong engineering, science and technical background who can also demonstrate an understanding of key management processes.
Upon successful completion of the M.Sc. MME-CAME, you
- are set to work at the interface between engineering, economics and technology
- master the merging of information technologies, production facilities and machines with modern business practices
- understand integrated production chains and know how to find solutions and opportunities for strategic technology developments
- have the skill set to run interdisciplinary projects and lead international project teams
Find out what fields our M.Sc. MME-CAME graduates work in ...
… and what careers they pursue
Your path to success
We want you to be successful - right from the start! Even before you begin your studies, we plan your course schedule with you and agree on goals that you want to achieve in each semester. Regular meetings and proactive academic advising during your time with us will help you identify your strengths and continually develop them. Our mentoring programs, extra-curricular events and general career support will equip you to graduate with honors and give you a head start for a unique career in Germany, Europe or worldwide.
Your way to us
Do you want to take your career to the next level with a Master's Degree at RWTH Aachen University? Start preparing your application now and discover how you can experience a successful start at RWTH Aachen University.
To become a MME-CAME student you must fulfill the following admission requirements:
1. A Bachelor Degree
2. Relevant Work Experience
3. GRE General Test
4. Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects
- Non-EU applicants: December 2 to March 1
(Applicants who are citizens of a country outside of EU/EEA)
- EU applicants: December 2 to July 15(Applicants who are citizens of a EU/EEA country, applicants who are currently enrolled at RWTH Aachen and applicants who are degree holders of a German University)
Any further questions?
We will be happy to answer your questions about the curriculum, our admission requirements, our scholarship opportunities, and whatever else is on your mind. Just write us an e-mail and we will get in touch with you.
Book a digital one-on-one appointment
If you wish to speak to us in person, you can book a digital one-on-one appointment with our Student Advisor Johanna, who will answer your questions and guide you with your application.
Select the topic which you would like to discuss, choose a day and time, and enter your personal information.