M.Sc. Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering
Expand your knowledge of computer-aided simulation techniques in mechanical engineering and become a computer-aided engineering (CAE) specialist. In our M.Sc. Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering (M.Sc. CAME) you will deepen your expertise in key engineering fundamentals such as the finite element method, numerical methods, and continuum mechanics and thus qualify for leading positions in industries and research institutes.
- Study format:
- Master’s Degree Program
- 2 years (4 semesters) full time (Start: Winter semester 2023/24)
- Credit Points:
- 120 ECTS
- Course fees:
- 22,000 €
- M.Sc., awarded by RWTH Aachen University
Take your engineering skills to the next level
The M.Sc. CAME focuses on computer simulations to create digital replicas of technical objects and systems to provide simulation solutions for complex design tasks in mechanical engineering. The program combines sound knowledge in manufacturing, design, automation, production as well as simulations and thus enables you to develop computer-aided designs and manage advanced simulation projects. Gain in-depth process and technology expertise and develop a strong profile as a computational engineer to meet the challenges of today’s changing manufacturing and production.
As an M.Sc. CAME student, you will learn to
- design, apply and optimize cutting-edge simulation technology for high-tech products
- engineer computer simulation software and simulation programs to enhance mechanical design and production
- read and understand complex technical drawings
- develop and deploy computer-aided systems for industrial production processes
Your studies – your choice: Choose a study track
To equip you with the specialization you need for your individual career path, we offer two study tracks in the M.Sc. CAME:
Conception of Machines
In this design-oriented track you will focus on
- the development and application of modern computer-aided methods focused on construction and dimensioning of structures and systems
- simulation solutions for highly complex computer-aided drawings
- the improvement of computer-aided designs according to operational requirements
Production of Machines
In this production-oriented track you will focus on
- the development and use of computer-aided systems in modern industrial production
- the design of manufacturing processes
- the life cycle prediction of materials, elements, and components
Get an idea of the program
The. M.Sc. CAME consists of track-specific compulsory courses and electives. In the third semester, you will benefit from an integrated mobility window to complete a nine-week internship or write a mini-thesis with a research institute.
Check out the detailed module manual for M.Sc. CAME.
Downloaded from RWTHonline on September 23, 2022, subject to change without notice, all data without guarantee.
Conception of Machines: Compulsory Courses
Conception of Machines: Elective Courses
Industrial Internship or Mini Thesis
Production of Machines: Compulsory Courses
Production of Machines: Elective Courses
Explore your future career
Profound skills in computer-aided methods are of growing importance for every engineer in all industries. Whether you want to work in the automotive industry, the environmental sector or biomedicine, industry is seeking experts in advanced simulation techniques. The M.Sc. CAME addresses this demand and equips you with a broad interdisciplinary knowledge that will best prepare you for the current challenges in the fields of CAD and CAE.
Upon successful completion of the M.Sc. CAME, you
- have advanced knowledge of methods, processes and technologies in the field of computer-aided design and computer-aided production
- master the solving and managing of complex modeling and simulation projects
- know how to implement industry-specific software systems for an industrial business environment
- solve complex tasks in research and development or industrial production by using digital twins
Find out what fields our M.Sc. CAME graduates work in ...
… and what careers they pursue
Your path to success
We want you to be successful - right from the start! Even before you begin your studies, we plan your course schedule with you and agree on goals that you want to achieve in each semester. Regular meetings and proactive academic advising during your time with us will help you identify your strengths and continually develop them. Our mentoring programs, extra-curricular events and general career support equip you to graduate with honors and start a unique career in Germany, Europe or worldwide.
Your way to us
Do you want to take your career to the next level with a Master's Degree at RWTH Aachen University? Start preparing your application now and discover how you can experience a successful start at RWTH Aachen University.
To become a CAME student you must fulfill the following admission requirements:
1. A Bachelor Degree
2. Relevant Work Experience
3. GRE General Test
4. Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects
- Non-EU applicants: December 2 to March 1
(Applicants who are citizens of a country outside of EU/EEA)
- EU applicants: December 2 to July 15(Applicants who are citizens of a EU/EEA country, applicants who are currently enrolled at RWTH Aachen and applicants who are degree holders of a German University)
Any further questions?
We will be happy to answer your questions about the curriculum, our admission requirements, our scholarship opportunities, and whatever else is on your mind. Just write us an e-mail and we will get in touch with you.
Book a digital one-on-one appointment
If you wish to speak to us in person, you can book a digital one-on-one appointment with our Student Advisor Johanna, who will answer your questions and guide you with your application.
Select the topic which you would like to discuss, choose a day and time, and enter your personal information.