Master of Public Administration (MPA) European Studies
Climate & Energy / Digital Transformation
The interdisciplinary master's program deals with energy, transport and digitization from a political and technological perspective. It combines the excellence of RWTH Aachen with the political and economic agenda of the EU.
- Study format:
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- 1.5 years | full or part time
- Bachelor Degree & 12 months of work experience
- From experts of science, politics and economy
- Credit Points:
- 90 CP
- Course fees:
- 5,350 €
- Master of Public Administration (awarded by RWTH Aachen University)
Europe must lead the transition to a healthy planet and a new digital world.Ursula von der Leyen, president of the EU Commission
Learn about the EU, it's history, policies and institutions and specialize in cutting-edge technologies in the fields of energy & climate or digital transformation. By implementing application-oriented and interactive teaching and learning methods you gain in depth EU and technology knowledge, skills and competences.
In order to be eligible for the MPA-ES program you will have to fulfil the following requirements:
- University degree certificate and transcript of records
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Proof of professional work experience
- Proof of competence in the English language
- Personal statement: Please provide a short and compelling statement reflecting your goals, aspirations and expectations for being considered in this Master programme
- APS (only for Chinese applicants)
Work experience Requirements
The application process can be briefly described as follows:
- Gather all documents in pdf format from our online checklist.
- Create an online application account using our online portal
- The application portal is open from December until March every year for international applicants and from March until July for European applicants.
- Answer the questions on our online portal and upload the required documents.
- Complete the online application.
- The evaluation of the application is an ongoing process. You will be able to track your application status.
- If you are admitted to the program, you need to confirm the admission.
Receipt & Information
Admission & Rejection
Tuition Fees & Expenses
Tuition fees are charged for all programs organized by RWTH International Academy. In this section you can find payment information and general information about living cost in Germany. You can also have a look at the scholarship section for funding opportunities.
Tuition and Semester Fees
- Tuition fees: 5,350 € per semester (16,050 € in total; 3 semester regular study period)
- Semester fees at RWTH Aachen University: approx. 300 € per semester
(includes the semester ticket for public transport within the whole state of North Rhine-Westphalia, part of Belgium and part of the Netherlands)
Payment Regulation for the Tuition Fees
Payment Regulation for the Semester Fees
Living Costs in Germany
Complete applications submitted until January 15 (Non-EU) / April 15 (EU) receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on the tuition fees!
Admitted Students | Next Steps
In order to prepare for your studies in Aachen, you need to tackle a number of organizational questions. Here we provide you with an overview of all necessary steps that need to be completed before and after travelling to Germany.
First Steps after Admission
- Claim your place in the program of your choice.
- Apply for your visa.
- Book temporary accommodation and start looking for long-term options.
- Get health insurance. You can find more info here.
- Plan your trip & your stay.
- Sign up to our Peer-2-Peer Mentoring Program to find a senior who can guide you through the first few weeks.
- Register for your Master's Prep Courses.
First Steps after Arrival
- Register your new address at City Hall.
- Apply for your Residence Permit: As the entry visa is generally only valid for a few weeks, we recommend you visit the local immigration office (Ausländeramt) as soon as possible.
- Open a bank account: You are free to choose any bank.
- Get health insurance: In order to enroll at the University, you'll need proof of insurance.
- Enroll at RWTH Aachen University: In order to oficially become a student, you will need to enroll at the International Office.