Master of Public Administration (MPA) European Studies
The interdisciplinary master's program deals with energy, transport and digitization from a political and technological perspective. It combines the excellence of RWTH Aachen with the political and economic agenda of the EU.
There is no application fee.
- Study format:
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- 1.5 years (3 Semesters)
- Bachelor Degree & 1 year work experience
- Credit Points:
- 90 ECTS
- Course fees:
- 16,050 € in total
- Master of Public Administration (awarded by RWTH Aachen University)
2 Study Tracks – 1 Goal:
Become an European leader! Choose your specialization in Energy & Climate or Digital Transformation.
As a MPA-ES graduate you will
- have a deep, engineering-based understanding of current and evolving technologies combined with EU expertise
- design solutions to European and global issues in the most challenging topics of the 21st century (e.g. climate change, automation, artificial intelligence)
- use your European knowledge in the public or private sector for international cooperation in politics and economy
The application process is 100% digital and there is no application fee!
In order to apply you'll need the following documents:
- University transcript of records
- Proof of at least 12 months' work experience
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation
- Proof of English language proficiency
- University degree certificate
- APS (only for applicants with a first degree from China)
Academic Requirements for MPA-ES
Proof of Work Experience
Letter of Motivation
English Language Requirements
If your documents were not issued in German or English, you must have a certified translator translate them into either German or English. These copies do not need to be notarized.
Tuition Fees & Expenses
Tuition fees are charged for all programs organized by RWTH International Academy. In this section you can find payment information and general information about living cost in Germany. You can also have a look at the scholarship section for funding opportunities.
Complete applications submitted until January 15 (Non-EU) / April 15 (EU) receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on the tuition fees!
Tuition and Semester Fees
- Tuition fees: 5,350 € per semester (16,050 € in total; 3 semester regular study period)
- Semester fees at RWTH Aachen University: approx. 300 € per semester
(includes the semester ticket for public transport within the whole state of North Rhine-Westphalia, part of Belgium and part of the Netherlands)
Payment Regulation for the Tuition Fees
Payment Regulation for the Semester Fees
Living Costs in Germany