RWTH Training – Selection of a Driverless Transport System (DTS)
Systematic analysis of Automation Solutions
Gain an overview of the driverless transport systems (DTS) available on the market and their specific areas of application. Taking into account the structural changes that the integration of driverless transport systems entails in the current production process, you will learn methods for the appropriate selection of robots and present different DTS in an interactive simulation.
- Study format:
- 2 Days
- After announcement/on request
- Course fees:
- 1,150 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
Contents of the Training
The course provides an insight and application-oriented tips when it comes to integrating automated guided vehicles into a production process. Methods for selecting FTS are presented. Participants can use their concrete needs to represent different AGVs in an interactive simulation.
Day 1 | Introduction
Day 2 | Measures
Develop new skills and gain industry-specific knowledge
- Overview of the driverless transport systems (DTS) available on the market and their distinguishing features
- Individual selection and application analysis for DTS
- Practical illustration via use cases
- Behind the scenes: Interactive simulations
Scientific Lead & Lecturers of the Training
Teaching Institutes & Partner
The Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) at RWTH Aachen has existed since 1959.
In teaching and research, the staff of the IGMR deal with the analysis, design and optimisation of a wide variety of motion devices. This variety (e.g. cam gears, crank gears, gear and traction gears as well as their combinations) is presented in the gear lexicon.
The institute is the competent partner for the solution of kinematic, dynamic or vibration-technical tasks for all motion devices. IGMR's competence is evident in structural and dimensional synthesis as well as in the areas of tolerance investigation, measurement technology, design of controlled drives (e.g. electronic cam), cam gears, path planning and motion design.
Participation Requirements & Target Group
The training "Selection of a Driverless Transport System" is aimed at engineers, technicians, managers or executives from the fields of mechanical engineering, manufacturing, electrical engineering, IT, digitalization, HR, operational and strategic management. You will particularly benefit from this course if you want to introduce or expand driverless transport systems in the area of:
- packaging technology.
The number of participants is limited to 20 persons in order to ensure an efficient knowledge transfer in the dialog between the participants and lecturers is guaranteed.
2 Days | 1,150 € (exempted from sales tax)
incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival and departure
- Target audience: Engineers, technicians, managers or executives from the fields of mechanical engineering, manufacturing, electrical engineering, IT, digitalization, HR, operational and strategic management.
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
- 5% Alumni Discount
Why the Seminar Selection of a Driverless Transport System at the RWTH International Academy?
- Robots are taking over more and more tasks in production and logistics. In the logistics sector, for example, the transport of goods is increasingly being covered by driverless transport systems. This increases productivity and relieves employees.
- You will receive targeted specialist knowledge through the specific support of expert lecturers from the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics.
- This is a practical training program at one of the world's best technical universities and you will acquire state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will obtain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification.
RWTH Certificate of Attendance & Digital Badge
You will receive an official RWTH Certificate of Attendance "Selection of a Driverless Transport System (DTS)". The achievements contribute fundamentally to your professional development. In addition, you will receive the certificate as a verified digital badge protected and authenticated by the blockchain, which will specifically strengthen your professional portfolio through its unlimited visibility, security and flexibility.
Our in-house training offers a wide range of academic and professional skills tailored to your company's specific challenges and goals. We work closely with you to develop a customized training, compiled from proven teaching methods and the expertise of our qualified lecturers to ensure optimal learning outcomes for your professional development.
Would one of our trainings also be of interest to your entire team/company? Contact us: Our team for your team! We will be happy to advise you on the possibility of an in-house course. Give us a call or send us an email – we will tailor your further training to your needs!
If you live/work in Germany, there are a number of government funding opportunities for your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example the
- individual federal states
(e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- education premium
- educational leave
Further Questions? Feel free to contact us!
Do you have any questions about this training, or do you need support with funding or finding a place to stay?
Feel free to contact our team at any time. We are always happy to help you.