RWTH Training – Introduction to Sensor Technology
Project-specific Selection of a Sensor Network for Mobile Robot Applications
In our increasingly connected world, sensors are the unsung heroes behind the data that drives innovation. This training is designed to provide participants with a solid foundation in sensor technology principles and applications. We will guide you through the fundamentals of sensors, from their working principles to practical implementation. Through hands-on experience and real-world case studies, you will gain insights into the diverse landscape of sensor technologies and their role in shaping the future. Gain an overview of the field of sensor technology and the project-specific composition of a sensor network. Risks and characteristics of local and global sensor systems can be assessed and applied in a targeted manner.
- Study format:
- 1 Day
- After announcement
- Course fees:
- 650 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
Contents of the Training
Participants will delve into the fundamental principles of sensor technology. This course covers the essential aspects of sensor operation, including sensing mechanisms and signal processing. Through practical exercises and case studies, attendees will gain hands-on experience in sensor applications across various industries. Upon completion, participants will have a solid foundation in sensor technology, enabling them to harness its potential for innovation and problem-solving in their respective fields. You develop the characteristics and risks of applied modern sensor technology and sensor networks. All concepts are clearly explained on real sensors.
Develop new skills and gain industry-specific knowledge
- Overview of sensor technology in an industrial context
- Requirement analysis and risk assessment
- Clear visualization of the sensor data on the real system
- Practical examples from Industry 4.0
Scientific Lead & Lecturers of this Training
Teaching Institutes & Partner
The Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) at RWTH Aachen has existed since 1959.
In teaching and research, the staff of the IGMR deal with the analysis, design and optimisation of a wide variety of motion devices. This variety (e.g. cam gears, crank gears, gear and traction gears as well as their combinations) is presented in the gear lexicon.
The institute is the competent partner for the solution of kinematic, dynamic or vibration-technical tasks for all motion devices. IGMR's competence is evident in structural and dimensional synthesis as well as in the areas of tolerance investigation, measurement technology, design of controlled drives (e.g. electronic cam), cam gears, path planning and motion design.
Participation Requirements & Target Group
The training is aimed at career starters, skilled workers and engineers. You will benefit the most if you come from the fields of:
- mechanical engineering
- automotive engineering
- plant design
The number of participants is limited to 20 persons in order to ensure an efficient knowledge transfer in the dialog between the participants and lecturers is guaranteed.
1 Day | 650 € (exempted from sales tax)
incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival and departure
- Target audience: Career starters, skilled workers and engineers from the fields of mechanical engineering, robotics, automotive engineering or plant design
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
- 5% Alumni Discount
Why take the Introduction to Sensor Technology at the RWTH International Academy?
- Sensor systems are of great importance in the use of networked systems and in Industry 4.0. In plant design, these can only be used in a targeted manner with a certain methodological competence. An improved overview in the subject area of sensor technology makes budget savings and efficient plant design possible.
- Receive targeted specialist knowledge through the specific support of expert lecturers from the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics.
- This is a practical training program at one of the world's best technical universities and you will acquire state-of-the-art knowledge
- Obtain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification
RWTH Certificate of Attendance & Digital Badge
You will receive an official RWTH Certificate of Attendance "Introduction to Sensor Technology". The achievements contribute fundamentally to your professional development. In addition, you will receive the certificate as a verified digital badge protected and authenticated by the blockchain, which will specifically strengthen your professional portfolio through its unlimited visibility, security and flexibility.
Our in-house training offers a wide range of academic and professional skills tailored to your company's specific challenges and goals. We work closely with you to develop a customized training, compiled from proven teaching methods and the expertise of our qualified lecturers to ensure optimal learning outcomes for your professional development.
Would one of our trainings also be of interest to your entire team/company? Contact us: Our team for your team! We will be happy to advise you on the possibility of an in-house course. Give us a call or send us an email – we will tailor your further training to your needs!
If you live/work in Germany, there are a number of government funding opportunities for your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example the
- individual federal states
(e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- education premium
- educational leave
Further Questions? Feel free to contact us!
Do you have any questions about this training, or do you need support with funding or finding a place to stay?
Feel free to contact our team at any time. We are always happy to help you.