RWTH Certificate Course Supply Chain Manager
Designing excellent logistics & production networks
In this practice-oriented course, you will gain an in-depth understanding regarding the task areas, challenges and target variables of cross-company logistics and production networks and processes.
- Study format:
- Certificate Course
- 5 Days
- 06 -10 March 2022
- Credit Points:
- 2 ECTS (50 Hrs. Workload)
- Course fees:
- 4.200€ incl. lunch, course documents & social program, excl. accommodation/arrival & departure; discounted conditions for enrolled companies Center GMP & members of FIR e.V.
- RWTH Executive Certificate
- Fundamentals & Challenges of Supply Chain Management and Global Production.
- Cross-company logistics and production networks and continuous network design processes
- Opportunities and challenges of Industry 4.0 in production networks
- Resilience of supply chains
- Sustainability assessment of global production networks
- Maximum learning effect through a combination of expert lectures, interactive simulation of a supply chain, introductions to software tools (e.g. MioriNetwork Design), group workshops, guided tour of the Aachen demonstration factory etc..
Contents of the training
In addition to the basics of supply chain management, you will gain deep insights into current challenges such as the effects of Industry 4.0, key figures for the sustainability assessment of global production networks (GPN) and success factors of resilient supply chains.
You will learn about the dynamics and interactions regarding procurement and distribution within a supply chain and derive new insights into the behavior of supply chains. Strategies for continuous - also software-supported - network design processes are also part of the certificate course, as are digitization tools for inter-company collaboration and the advantages of data-based decision support in network design and control.
Day 1: Current challenges and introduction
Day 2: Planning and coordination
Day 3: Design
Day 4: Digitalization & Industry 4.0
Day 5: Resilience & Sustainability
Networking tip: We look forward to even better exchanges at our joint evening event!
Lecturers of the course Supply Chain Manager
Tino Schlosser, M.Sc.
Group Leader Global Production at the Machine Tool Laboratory WZL of RWTH Aachen University
Jokim Janßen, M.Sc.
Group Leader Supply Chain Management at FIR at RWTH Aachen University
Univ. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Wirt. Ing. Günther Schuh is director of the FIR, the Fraunhofer IPT and the WZL Machine Tool Laboratory at RWTH Aachen University.
His research focuses on innovation management, technology management, production management, factory planning and corporate development.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volker Stich is managing director of the FIR at RWTH Aachen University. His research focuses on business organization, corporate IT and information logistics.
- Supply chain managers and employees in strategic departments (network design, site selection, strategic issues)
- The course is particularly suitable for people from manufacturing companies
You will receive the officially recognized Executive Certificate "Supply Chain Manager" from RWTH Aachen University. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS): It is possible for these to be credited to other certified courses or even to subsequent university studies.
After the conclusion
In addition to the Supply Chain Manager certificate course, we offer a variety of other certificate courses, seminars & workshops in different subject areas - e.g. technology management, quality management, electrification & mobility as well as robotics & Industry 4.0.
We would be happy to advise you regarding your next RWTH continuing education!
Why the Supply Chain Manager Workshop at the RWTH International Academy?
- Effective planning, design of logistics processes is crucial for the sustainable economic success of manufacturing companies, especially in times of higher demand and market uncertainties. In order to optimize the company's procurement, production and distribution processes in terms of customer requirements as well as cost and liquidity aspects, decision-makers must master and effectively apply concepts and methods of modern
supply chain management and apply them effectively.
- You will receive targeted expertise through specific support from knowledgeable supply chain management experts with consulting experience from the Machine Tool Laboratory WZL at RWTH Aachen University and the FIR at RWTH Aachen University.
- This is a hands-on continuing education program at one of the world's top technical universities, and you'll gain knowledge at the cutting edge of technology and science.
- You will obtain a high-quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification.
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City Center
- very good connection to us in the production technology cluster
- Room about 20m², fully furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
There are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an in-house course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!