RWTH Certificate Course – Social Life Cycle Assessment in Context of the Supply Chain Act (LkSG)
Responsible Management – with S-LCA to a Holistically Sustainable Company
In this certificate course, you will learn the basic S-LCA elements in order to implement them at product and organizational levels, taking into account German and European directives such as the Battery Directive or the Supply Chain Act (LkSG). After the course, you will be able to identify social hotspots in your company and supply chain and derive improvement measures. This paves the way towards a socially responsible and sustainable company that meets the requirements of the Supply Chain Act (LkSG).
- Study format:
- Online Certificate Course
- Basic Training: 2 Days | Advanced Training: 2x2 Days - half a day each morning
- After announcement/on request
- Credit Points:
- 2 ECTS (50 Hrs. Workload)
- Course fees:
- Basic Training: 399 € | Certificate Course (Basic + Advanced): 1,690 € both incl. course materials & accompanying program
- RWTH Executive Certificate
Contents of the Training
In this digital training, you will learn how to set up and conduct an S-LCA and focus on the various social factors of your company's supply chain. In the context of the Supply Chain Act (LkSG), you will also learn how to deal with the essential documentation and reporting requirements sto prepare for the law's entry into force in 2023.
The Basic Seminar (can be booked individually) introduces sustainability assessment, demonstrates the reporting process of the LkSG and presents the added value for the company.
The Advanced modules give more in-depth knowledge of the concrete implementation of an S-LCA, including various legislations. Based on your newly gained knowledge, you will independently apply a case study between the two module blocks and present the results in the 2nd module block.
Your knowledge will be consolidated through discussions within the group and group work.
Day 1 I Basic Training
Day 2 | Basic Training
Day 1 I Advanced Module
Day 2 I Advanced Module
Day 3 I Advanced Module
Day 4 I Advanced Module
You will learn:
- Relevance and application of S-LCA in the context of the Supply Chain Act (LkSG)
- Identification of social hotspots in the company and the supply chain
- Direct application of S-LCA on the basis of a case study
Scientific Lead & Lecturer of this Certificate Course
Teaching Institutes & Partner
In its daily work, the Institute of Sustainability in Civil Engineering deals with the topics of environmental protection and sustainable development. The protection of our planet and its sustainable development are on the political agenda, but the implementation of these goals remains a major challenge in daily practice. Its mission is sustainability assessment and research to implement methods that help measure and improve sustainability performance, e.g. in the building, mobility, food and textile industries.
Participation Requirements & Target Group
The Social Life Cycle Assessment course is designed for Sustainability Managers, Engineers, Management, Purchasing / Product Procurement.
You will particularly benefit from the course if you work in the fields of:
- biobased materials
- construction sector
The number of participants is limited to 20 persons in order to ensure an efficient knowledge transfer in the dialog between the participants and lecturers is guaranteed.
Basic Training: 2 days | 399 €
Advanced Training: 2x2 days | 1,690 €
(exempted from sales tax)
incl. course materials & accompanying program
- Target audience: Specialists & Managers from tech.-oriented industries
- RWTH Executive Certificate
- 5% Alumni Discount
Why Social Life Cycle Assessment at the RWTH International Academy?
- Sustainability is fundamental for successful companies in all areas (ecology, economy and social affairs). With the coming into force of the Supply Chain Act (LkSG) in 2023, companies will be obliged to assume more social responsibility for their supply chains. One important aspect is the documentation and reporting obligation, which is taught in this course. Globalization and intertwined supply chains make transparency in production processes more difficult - also with regard to social hotspots. S-LCA is applicable on product and organizational level and enables the detection of positive and negative social impacts beyond the company's own gateway, so that appropriate and target-oriented measures can be taken to improve social performance. The implementation is based on the "Guidelines for S-LCA of products and organizations 2020" (UNEP 2020).
- You will receive targeted expertise through the specific supervision of knowledgeable and consulting-experienced Social Life Cycle Assessment experts from the Institute for Sustainability in Construction.
It's a hands-on education at one of the world's top technical universities and you'll gain knowledge at the cutting edge of research.
- You gain a high-quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen certificate.
RWTH Aachen Executive Certificate & Digital Badge
You will receive an officially recognized Executive Certificate "Social Life Cycle Assessment in Industry" from RWTH Aachen University. The achievements can be credited to other certified courses or further studies, as they are marked with the "European Credit Transfer System" (ECTS) and contribute fundamentally to your professional development. In addition, you will receive the certificate as a verified digital badge protected and authenticated by the blockchain, which will specifically strengthen your professional portfolio through its unlimited visibility, security and flexibility.
Our in-house training offers a wide range of academic and professional skills tailored to your company's specific challenges and goals. We work closely with you to develop a customized training, compiled from proven teaching methods and the expertise of our qualified lecturers to ensure optimal learning outcomes for your professional development.
Would one of our courses also be of interest to your entire team/company? Contact us: Our team for your team! We will be happy to advise you on the possibility of an in-house course. Give us a call or send us an email – we will tailor your further training to your needs!
If you live/work in Germany, there are a number of government funding opportunities for your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example the
- individual federal states
(e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- education premium
- educational leave
Further Questions? Feel free to contact us!
Do you have any questions about this certificate course, or do you need support with funding or finding a place to stay?
Feel free to contact our team at any time. We are always happy to help you.