RWTH Certificate Course Chief Sustainability Manager
The transformation of shaping sustainability
Sustainability in operations and supply chains works on several levers to reduce the energy and material waste used.
In this practical Chief Sustainability Manager training you will learn to find the levers that can be found in all operational fields of action in manufacturing companies, such as the provision of resources, production processes, product use and disposal.
Recent regulations such as the Supply Chain Act and the Carbon Border Protection Mechanism are increasing the pressure on companies to act quickly and comply with the regulations by 2025 at the latest.
- Dates in Munich:
23. - 27.10.2023
(Course Language: German | Documents: Englisch)
11. - 15.11.2024
(Course Language: English| Documents: Englisch)
- Dates in Berlin:
26.02. - 01.03.2024
(Course Language: German | Documents: Englisch)
- Study format:
- Certificate Course
- 5 Days
- Munich: 23.- 27.10.2023 & 11. - 15.11.2024 | Berlin: 26.02. - 01.03.2024
- Credit Points:
- 2 ECTS (60 Hrs. Workload)
- Course fees:
- 3.780 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- RWTH Professional Certificate
You will learn:
- Understand approaches and priorities of sustainability for operations and supply chains
- Introduction to new technology drivers and solutions for the various fields of action
- Derivation and development of necessary skills in defined fields of action of sustainibility
- Guide to building a comprehensive and customized roadmap that economically leverages the most promising and achievable levers
- Best Practices from industrial practice
Contents of the Training
Overcome the dichotomy between profitability and sustainability by learning how to systematically prioritize your key sustainability levers. We guide you to professional sustainability management to meet growing awareness and sustainability regulations.
Basics of Sustainability:
Sustainable Energy Systems:
- The focus is on case studies and exercises in which participants concretize and apply the theoretical principles.
- In addition to lectures and practice-oriented exercises, there will be numerous opportunities for professional and personal exchange and networking during the course of joint evening events.
Lecturers of the Certificate Course Chief Sustainability Manager
Dr. Myron Graw
"For 15 years, he has been active in consulting on new technologies, innovation and process optimisation for companies in Europe, the USA and Asia. His main areas of focus are strategy and innovation consulting as well as supporting companies in the implementation of in the automotive, electronics, machine tool and consumer goods industries.
In the past 3 years, his focus has been on technology-based sustainability in the areas of production, supply chain, materials and energy. In addition to his role as Director Sustainability at the INC Innovation Centre, he heads the Center Fuel Cell Industrialization FCI at RWTH Aachen University.
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- The Chief Sustainability Manager certificate course is aimed at sustainability managers, specialists and executives from technology-oriented companies.
- The following areas are of particular interest: research and development, technology and innovation management, strategy and production.
- The number of participants is limited to 20 persons, so that an efficient knowledge transfer in the dialogue between the participants and lecturers is guaranteed.
You will receive an officially recognized professional certificate "Chief Sustainability Manager" from RWTH Aachen University. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS): It is possible for these to be credited to other certified courses or even to subsequent university studies.
After the Course Completion
In addition to the Fine Blanking course, we offer a variety of other certificate courses, seminars & workshops in different subject areas - e.g. Technology Management, Quality Management, Electrification & Mobility and Robotics & Industry 4.0.
We would be happy to advise you regarding your next RWTH continuing education!
Why take the Course Chief Sustainability Manager at the RWTH International Academy?
- Imparting practice-relevant and applicable knowledge in Sustainability
- It helps you to identify white spots in your sustainability strategy and to structure, evaluate and proritize the multitude of sustainability activities
- Reference to current problems of companies from practice
- Projection of what you have learned to your own professional field or your own company
- Learning from best practice examples from industry as well as through the interdisciplinary exchange of experience in the network
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!