RWTH Certificate Course Agile Innovation Development
The innovative path to the future value chain
Learn how to implement agile developments in the context of Industry 4.0. You will learn to understand backgrounds as well as processes and focus on the customer-oriented design of intelligent products. For this purpose, you will receive a comprehensive overview of agile product development and innovation methods. Smart product and technology concepts are highlighted as well as the development of functional prototypes and business models.
- Study format:
- Certificate Course
- 4,5 days
- After announcement/on request
- Credit Points:
- 2 ECTS (60 h workload)
- Course fees:
- 3.900 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- RWTH Executive Certificate
You will learn:
- implementing agile developments in the context of digitization
- organizing agile development projects
- developing prototypes correctly
- using design thinking in a targeted manner
Contents of the Training
In this four and a half day course, theoretical content and interactive "sprints" are alternated with group work. These agile workshops create an open and interactive learning atmosphere in which you can exchange ideas with each other as well as with the lecturers. This exchange is an essential part of the program concept. Supplemented by presentations and case studies, the innovation methods presented are thus directly tested and supplemented by examples from the daily practice of the lecturers.
Lecturers of the Agile Innovation Development Course
We offer this certificate course in cooperation with the INC Invention Center. The main lecturer of the course is Dipl.-Ing. Toni Drescher, company founder, engineer, consultant and managing director of the INC Invention Center as well as head of the department of Operational Technology Management at Fraunhofer IPT.
Toni Drescher can rely on more than ten years of experience in technology and innovation management, mainly in the areas of life science, mechanical engineering, automotive, transportation, energy, chemistry, construction and material industry. He has already implemented over 50 consulting and implementation projects to set up or optimize technology and innovation management and passes on his knowledge to executives in the fields of technology and innovation management.
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- This Agile Innovation Development training is aimed at all experts and managers from technology-oriented industrial and service companies who want to sharpen their personal profile and at the same time grow beyond their own professional horizons in order to be able to manage complex interrelationships and rapid developments in the company even more consciously.
- You should have at least three years of professional experience.
You will receive the officially recognized Executive Certificate "Agile Innovation Development" from RWTH Aachen University. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS): It is possible for these to be credited towards other certified courses or even towards subsequent university studies.
After the Course Completion
In addition to the Agile Innovation Development course, we offer a variety of other certificate courses, seminars & workshops in different subject areas - e.g. Technology Management, Quality Management, Electrification & Mobility and Robotics & Industry 4.0.
We would be happy to advise you regarding your next RWTH continuing education!
Why take the Agile Innovation Development Course at RWTH International Academy?
- Changing customer requirements, a growing variety of products and a fast-moving market - this is the initial situation that a (new) product has to face. In order to persist, the methods of agile product development are essential, because they assist by early customer orientation, adaptive responsiveness as well as increased flexibility and efficiency.
- You will receive targeted expertise through specific support from Agile Innovation Development experts with consulting experience from Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology and the Machine Tool Laboratory at RWTH Aachen University.
- This is a high-practice continuing education program at one of the world's top technical universities, and you will learn state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will gain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification.
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!