Summer Mentor Online Program
About the Program
The Summer Mentor program of RWTH International Academy - in cooperation with RWTH International Office - is a unique opportunity for RWTH and FH students to volunteer and experience an unforgettable summer at the same time. Different to the Buddy program of the International Office, our Summer Mentors spend a rather short, but especially intensive time of two, three or four weeks with one group of students they accompany.
As a Summer Mentor you will play a key role for our Online Summer School students. With a group of other Mentors you will be responsible for the support of our international students during online social events and their free time.
Once the program starts, you welcome them together with us and help them form a group and organize fun online events for them.
What we offer
If you are interested in the following things, you will be the perfect Summer Mentor:
- Meeting new people from all around the world and having a good time
- Create an international network
- Improve your intercultural competences
- Practice your foreign language skills
- Be part of a big team
- Get your commitment certified by the RWTH International Office
Here are some activities you might want to organize for your Summer School students:
- Get in touch with the Summer School students before their arrival (Facebook, Emails, etc.)
- Give them a little language lecture in German
- Organize a online board games night (skribbl.io)
- Show them photos your favorite places in Aachen or the institute you are studying at
Information for Mentors
Are you a RWTH or FH Aachen student and up to making new friends from all over the world? Become a Summer Mentor for our Online Course students!
In order to become a Summer Mentor this is what you should bring:
- You are open-minded and interested in different cultures
- You are an empathetic and positive person
- You know Aachen and its surroundings
- You have time for 2 - 4 intensive weeks full of online social events during the months of June, July or August
- You are eager to initiate fun online events with other Mentors
- You have good or advanced English skills
- Other language skills are great, but not mandatory
Requirements for the Certificate:
✓ Participate in one of our Mentoring Workshops
✓ Contribute to and participate in the Welcome Orientation
✓ Join 1-2 additional Online Social Events organized by RWTH International Academy
✓ Organize an additional Online Event with the other Mentors
✓ Share photos and stories
Online Mentoring Workshops
Dates for our Online Mentoring Workshop will be announced soon!
Please note: Participation in the online workshop is mandatory.
To become a Summer Mentor for one (or more) of our programs simply send us an email with the following details:
✓ First Name:
✓ Last Name:
✓ Email Address:
✓ Field of Study:
✓ Matriculation Number:
✓ Three Summer Schools, I am interested in (sorted by priority):
✓ Mentoring Workshop, I would like to join: