M.Sc. Robotic Systems Engineering
- Study format:
- M.Sc. Degree Program
- 2 years (4 semesters)
- B.Sc./ B.Tech./ B.Eng. & 1 year work experience
- Credit points:
- 120 ECTS
- Course fees:
- EUR 4,500 per semester
- M.Sc. (RWTH)
A Robotic Systems Engineering graduate is someone who...
- Learns in specialist facilities, which includes a wide range of robotic systems: industrial robots, mobile robots, assistance robotics, and intralogistics robotic systems
- Develops, implements and programs robotic systems for different levels of autonomy
- Designs industrial robots that are automated, programmable, and capable to move in a dexterous workspace
- Combines and applies technological skills of mechanics, electrical drives, sensor technology, and information processing to optimize systems of robots for different domains
- Organizes and monitors the operation and manufacturing processes
- Develops robotic systems for embedded production systems or autonomous warehouses (e.g. such as Amazon and Alibaba are aiming to build)
… to make a difference. This could be you?
You can also be a part of our group of highly motivated students who are widely engaged in extracurricular activities. Our Carologistics student team, for example, is the current world champion in the RoboCup Logistics League (RCLL) for the fourth time in a row.
M.Sc. RoboSys comprises three semesters of lectures, exercises and practical courses in mechanical engineering at RWTH Aachen University. In the fourth semester, you will choose either the industrial track, in which you will pursue an internship in industry or the academic track to carry out a research project. You also have to finish your Master's thesis in this final semester.
By awarding the RWTH Aachen Master's Degree, the program gives its graduates a degree that is recognized worldwide and qualifies you for doctoral studies.
Information connectivity (cyber-physical systems) for the entire value chain in real time is one of the new fundamental philosophies of smart factories. Creating intelligent robotic systems requires specialized skills covering a broad range of scientific fields. The development of robotic systems technology poses fundamental questions about design, physical modelling, and control of complex and highly interactive systems.
This program features two main themes:
1) the optimal application of robots
2) the development and construction of new robotic systems.
Bridging gaps between engineering disciplines, Robotic Systems Engineering offers you a unique and multidisciplinary learning environment that will enable you to develop innovative and intelligent robotic solutions and systems to meet today's most pressing global challenges: industrial productivity, energy efficiency, environmental responsibility, health care issues, and mobility services.
Interdisciplinary Teaching and Learning at the RWTH Aachen University, Germany
M.Sc. Robotic Systems Engineering is an interdisciplinary specialized program led by the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. In line with this interdisciplinary approach, lectures and courses are also offered by departments from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences, as well as the RWTH Aachen's School of Business and Economics.