Study Course Coordinator
In order to prepare for your studies in Aachen, you will need to tackle a number of organizational questions. This page provides you with an overview of all necessary steps that need to be completed before and after travelling to Germany. Helpful in this regard will be our checklist which you can download here.
1. Claim your place in the program of your choice: pay the first installment of your tuition fees, send us the signed participation agreement, and accept your place on RWTH Online.
3. Book temporary accommodation and start looking for long-term options. Be sure to check out our Housing section for more info.
4. Get health insurance. You'll need medical travel insurance for three months to apply for your visa and then get statutory insurance to enroll. You can find more info here.
5. Plan your trip. Here you can find travel options and approximate costs from several airports to Aachen.
6. Plan your stay. Please take note of the semester dates when planning your stay. Also keep in mind the activities mentioned in the admission attachment.
8. Sign up to our Peer-2-Peer Mentoring Program to find a senior who can guide you through the first few weeks. Simply visit our P2P Mentoring page.
You must enroll at RWTH Aachen University.
Where? International Office, Super C Building, Templergraben 57 - 5th Floor, Room 5.31
When? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10.30 am to 12.00 noon, and Wednesday from 1.00 to 4.00 pm
Please note that you are supposed to book an appointment for the personal enrollment.
You need to provide the following documents:
After enrolling you will be allocated a matriculation number and will be asked to transfer the University semester fee (approx. EUR 300; this fee is unrelated to RWTH International Academy's fees). For more information on enrollment and the University semester fee, please check the relevant RWTH Aachen University page.
Many events are held for international students coming to Aachen. These events are organized by various institutions and are of academic, administrative, or cultural focus!
M.Sc. MME-CAME students are welcome to join the events organized by RWTH International Academy or RWTH International Office. For the social events organized by RWTH International Academy, students will get an email regarding the registration of the events. Please pay attention to the attendance policy when registering for welcome events.
*It is compulsory for M.Sc. MME-CAME students to attend the program-specific events marked with an asterisk and highlighted
orange in the following table.
|Welcome Meeting M.Sc. MME-CAME*||October 12, 2020||15:30-17:00||ZOOM|
|Academic Introduction M.Sc. MME-CAME*||October 14, 2020||15:30-17:00||ZOOM|
|Icebreaking Day M.Sc. CAME & MME-CAME||October 15, 2020||13:00-14:30||ZOOM|
|Banking and Insurances in Germany||October 16, 2020||15:00-16:30||ZOOM|
|General Welcome Meeting
(for those who missed the MME-CAME Welcome Meeting)
|October 20, 2020||15:00-16:30||ZOOM|
|Digital Sightseeing Tour/ Aachen Quiz||October 21, 2020||15:30-17:30||ZOOM|
|INTAC Meets RWTH Student Associations||October 22, 2020||14:00-16:30||ZOOM|
|Academic Integrity Workshop I||October 26, 2020||14:00||ZOOM|
|Academic Integrity Workshop II||October 29, 2020||11:00||ZOOM|
|Meet the M.Sc. MME-CAME Seniors||tbc||tbc||tbc|
To finalize your student status you have to do four more things after enrolling at RWTH Aachen University.
Study Course Coordinator