RWTH Seminar Smart Cognition
Robot-assisted Environmental Perception in the Plant 4.0
Strengthen your skills in efficient plant and production planning by gaining a basic understanding of environmental perception and how robotic units move around. This enables you to design an efficient and safe plant layout.
- 2 Days
- 1,150 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
You will learn:
- Sensor-based path finding and mapping with robotic units
- Optimization of layout and robot sensor systems in the systems in plant 4.0
- Hands-on exercises with different sensors in 2D and 3D
- Case studies from the networked factory
Contents of the Training
During the two days of attendance, you will develop the characteristics and risks of applied perception and navigation strategies with reference to Appendix 4.0. By illustration, the concepts are explained on real sensor and robot systems.
The Lecturers of the Seminar Smart Cognition
Experts from the Institute of Transmission Technology, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) at RWTH Aachen University.
Prof. Burkhard Corves & Prof. Mathias Hüsing (Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics, RWTH Aachen University)
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- The seminar is suitable for technical experts from the fields of factory planning, logistics or robotics.
The seminar does not include an exam and concludes with an official RWTH certificate of attendance.
Why the Seminar Smart Cognition at the RWTH International Academy?
- Driverless transport systems are increasingly finding their way into modern plants. They not only enable the autonomous transport of goods, but also expand the manipulability of objects and are considered to be the basic technology for plants that are designed to be increasingly flexible in the future.
- Already during the design of the plant, a basic understanding of the robot system can optimize the layout and thus increase the productivity and efficiency of the plant.
- You will receive targeted specialist knowledge through the specific support of expert lecturers from the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics.
- This is a practical training program at one of the world's best technical universities and you will acquire state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will obtain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!