Summer Mentor Program | Summer Schools
Our Summer Mentor Program offers RWTH and FH students a unique opportunity to build an international network and develop intercultural skills. For those who study at RWTH the certificate can be recognized as part of the official "Certificate International" of RWTH Aachen University. Get ready for an unforgettable summer full of cultural and fun activities!
About the program
The Summer Mentor Program of RWTH International Academy - in cooperation with RWTH International Office - is a unique opportunity for RWTH and FH students to volunteer and experience an unforgettable summer at the same time. Different to the Buddy program of the International Office, our Summer Mentors spend a rather short, but especially intensive time of two, three or four weeks with one group of students they accompany.
Due to the global situation, we want to ensure everybody’s safety and decided that the Summer Schools won’t take place in Aachen. Instead, we digitalize our contents and offer two Online Courses.
Since our programs now take place online, we figured out a Online Course Summer Mentor Program. The requirements stay the same, the only thing that will change is that you won’t meet the students in person and that the social activities will take place online.
As a Summer Mentor you will play a key role for our Summer School students online. With a group of other mentors you will be responsible for the support of our international students during online social events and their free time. Once the program starts, you welcome them together with us and help them form a group and organize fun online events for them.
Your benefits of becoming a Summer Mentor
- Meet new people from all around the world and have a good time.
- Build lasting friendships with international students.
- Create an international network.
- Improve your intercultural competences.
- Practice your foreign language skills.
- Be part of a big team and have a fun time with other mentors.
- Get your commitment certified by the RWTH International Office.
Are you interested?
Become part of our team and spend two, three or four intensive weeks with our international students! Below you will find the requirements that you should fulfill.
Requirements | Information for Mentors
In order to become a Summer Mentor you should:
- be open-minded and interested in different cultures
- know Aachen and its surroundings
- be an empathetic and positive person
- have time for 2 - 4 intensive weeks full of activities during the months of June, July or August
- be eager to initiate fun events with other mentors
- have good or advanced English skills (other language skills are great, but not mandatory)
Requirements | Certificate International
Get your commitment certified:
- Absolve one of our Mentoring Workshops
- Contribute to and participate in the Welcome Orientation
- Join 1-2 additional social events organized by RWTH International Academy
- Organize an additional event with the other Mentors
- Share the photos and stories
Apply now | RWTH and FH students
To become a Summer Mentor for one (or more) of our programs simply send us an email with the following details:
- First name, last name
- Email address
- University, field of study, matriculation number
- The Online Course, I am interested in (sorted by priority):
The digital Summer Mentor Workshop will be on July 7, 2021 from 01:00 pm – 04:00 pm.
Application Deadline: July 4, 2021.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time:
Any further questions? We are always happy to help you!
The Short Term Programs Team of RWTH International Academy is looking forward to welcoming you to Aachen or in our Online Courses! Should you have any questions about the programs, please get in touch:
Phone: +49 241 80 27693