RWTH Workshop Introduction to Sensor Technology
Project-specific Selection of a Sensor Network for Mobile Robot Applications
Gain an overview of the field of sensor technology and the project-specific composition of a sensor network. Risks and characteristics of local and global sensor systems can be assessed and applied in a targeted manner.
- Study format:
- 1 Day
- After announcement/on request
- Course fees:
- 650 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
You will learn:
- Overview of sensor technology in an industrial context
- Requirement analysis and risk assessment
- Clear visualization of the sensor data on the real system
- Practical examples from Industry 4.0
Contents of the Training
You develop the characteristics and risks of applied modern sensor technology and sensor networks. All concepts are clearly explained on real sensors.
Lecturers of the Workshop Introduction to Sensor Technology
Experts from the Institute of Transmission Technology, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) at RWTH Aachen University.
Prof. Burkhard Corves & Prof. Mathias Hüsing (Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics, RWTH Aachen University)
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- The workshop is suitable for career starters, skilled workers and engineers.
- You will benefit the most if you come from the fields of mechanical engineering, robotics, automotive engineering or plant design.
The seminar does not include an exam and concludes with an official RWTH certificate of attendance.
Why Introduction to Sensor Technology at the RWTH International Academy?
- Sensor systems are of great importance in the use of networked systems and in Industry 4.0. In plant design, these can only be used in a targeted manner with a certain methodological competence. An improved overview in the subject area of sensor technology makes budget savings and efficient plant design possible.
- You will receive targeted specialist knowledge through the specific support of expert lecturers from the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics.
- This is a practical training program at one of the world's best technical universities and you will acquire state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will obtain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!