RWTH Seminar Selection of a Driverless Transport System (DTS)
Systematic analysis of Automation Solutions
Gain an overview of the driverless transport systems (DTS) available on the market and their specific areas of application. Taking into account the structural changes that the integration of driverless transport systems entails in the current production process, you will learn methods for the appropriate selection of robots and present different DTS in an interactive simulation.
- Study format:
- 2 Days
- After announcement/on request
- Course fees:
- 1,150 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
You will learn:
- Overview of the driverless transport systems (DTS) available on the market and their distinguishing features
- Individual selection and application analysis for DTS
- Practical illustration via use cases
- Behind the scenes: Interactive simulations
Contents of the Training
The course provides an insight and application-oriented tips when it comes to integrating automated guided vehicles into a production process. Methods for selecting FTS are presented. Participants can use their concrete needs to represent different AGVs in an interactive simulation.
Introduction to Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
Process automation with FAGVs in logistics
Selection of appropriate measures for the introduction of AGVs
The Lecturers of the Seminar Selection of a Driverless Transport System
Experts from the Institute of Transmission Technology, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) at RWTH Aachen University.
Prof. Burkhard Corves & Prof. Mathias Hüsing (Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics, RWTH Aachen University)
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- The seminar is suitable for engineers, technicians, managers or executives from the fields of mechanical engineering, manufacturing, electrical engineering, IT, digitalization, HR, operational and strategic management.
- You will particularly benefit from this course if you want to introduce or expand driverless transport systems in the area of production, assembly or packaging technology.
The seminar does not include an exam and concludes with an official RWTH certificate of attendance.
Why the Seminar Selection of a Driverless Transport System at the RWTH International Academy?
- Robots are taking over more and more tasks in production and logistics. In the logistics sector, for example, the transport of goods is increasingly being covered by driverless transport systems. This increases productivity and relieves employees.
- You will receive targeted specialist knowledge through the specific support of expert lecturers from the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics.
- This is a practical training program at one of the world's best technical universities and you will acquire state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will obtain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!