RWTH Seminar Social Life Cycle Assessment in Context of the Supply Chain Act (LkSG)
Responsible management - with S-LCA to a holistically sustainable company
In this online seminar, you will learn the S-LCA basic elements in order to implement them on product and organizational levels, taking into account German and European directives, such as the Battery Directive or the Supply Chain Act (LkSG).
- Study format:
- Online Seminar
- 2 Half Days
- 17 +18 November 2022
- Course fees:
- 399€ Prices incl. course materials & social program
- Official RWTH Certificate of Attendance
- Introduction to Sustainability Assessment LCSA
- S-LCA in the context of the Supply Chain Act (LCSA)
- UNEP 2020 Guidelines
- Overview S-LCIA methods
Contents of the training
This basic seminar introduces sustainability assessment, shows the reporting process of the LkSG and presents the added value for the company.
If you want to get more in-depth knowledge directly, our certificate course Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA) in the context of the Supply Chain Act gives more in-depth knowledge of the concrete implementation of an S-LCA.
Basic Seminar Social-LCA
Day 1: November 17, 2022
Day 2: November 18, 2022
Lecturer and scientific director of the course Social Life Cycle Assessment in Industry
Prof. Marzia Traverso
Professor and Head of the Institute for Sustainability in Construction at RWTH Aachen University.
In 2020, she was appointed expert and member of the following committees:
- Technical Advisory Panel on the Ecological Footprint (Division E03710), PEF EU
- Rapporteur of the Technical Working Group of the European Commission's Sustainable Finance Platform.
- Convenor and project leader of ISO 14075 on Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA).
- PhD in Environmental Engineering Physics from the University of Palermo and Environmental Engineer in the field of Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability Performance of the Construction and Transportation Sector and Strategic Environmental Assessment of Urban Transportation Systems.
- From November 2011 to March 2016, project manager at the BMW Group Research and Innovation Center. Responsible for the sustainability performance and life cycle assessment of several cars, including BMW i3, BMW i8, 7 series
- Author and reviewer of several scientific articles in journals such as Sustainability, Int. Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, Industrial Ecology. Technical editor in social life cycle assessment in Int. Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. Member of several editorial boards such as Int. Journal of LCA, Sustainable Development, Resources.
- President of the Board of Directors "Forum for Sustainability through Life Cycle Innovation" - FSLCI. Chair of the (Technical Listening) Global Listening Center.
Participation requirements and target group
- The Social Life Cycle Assessment course is designed for Sustainability Managers, Engineers, Management, Purchasing / Product Procurement
- The fields of application are manifold, e.g. batteries, automotive, textile, biobased materials, construction industry
- Find the right course for your needs through the modular system - basic seminar or more in-depth full certificate course
Upon completion of the Basic Seminar, you will receive a RWTH Aachen Certificate of Attendance. You will receive the officially recognized Executive Certificate "Social Life Cycle Assessment in Industry" from RWTH Aachen University if you have successfully completed both the basic course and the two advanced modules. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS).
After the conclusion
In addition to the Social Life Cycle Assessment, we offer a variety of other certificate courses, seminars & workshops in different subject areas - e.g. technology management, quality management, electrification & mobility and robotics & Industry 4.0.
We would be happy to advise you regarding your next RWTH continuing education!
Why Social Life Cycle Assessment at the RWTH International Academy?
- Sustainability is fundamental for successful companies in all areas (ecology, economy and social affairs). With the coming into force of the Supply Chain Act (LkSG) in 2023, companies will be obliged to assume more social responsibility for their supply chains. One important aspect is the documentation and reporting obligation, which is taught in this course. Globalization and intertwined supply chains make transparency in production processes more difficult - also with regard to social hotspots. S-LCA is applicable on product and organizational level and enables the detection of positive and negative social impacts beyond the company's own gateway, so that appropriate and target-oriented measures can be taken to improve social performance. The implementation is based on the "Guidelines for S-LCA of products and organizations 2020" (UNEP 2020).
- You will receive targeted expertise through specific mentoring from knowledgeable and consulting-experienced Social Life Cycle Assessment experts from the Institute for Sustainability in Construction.
- This is a hands-on continuing education program at one of the world's top technical universities, and you'll gain knowledge at the cutting edge of research.
- You will obtain a high-quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification.
There are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!