RWTH 3+1+2 Program
Start writing your Bachelor thesis at RWTH and get prepared for our M.Sc. programs!
Gain exclusive admission to your aimed Master’s program at RWTH International Academy. Fulfil admission requirements in our preparatory online course first. Deepen your qualification during on-campus courses after. Complete your experience abroad in an RWTH Internship.
Registration & Deadlines
Registration Period: January 01, 2023 – March 15, 2023
Period of Implementation: August 2023 – September 2024
- Study format:
- Master qualification program
- 3rd year: 2 months online modules | 4th year: 6 or 9 months on-site
- On campus
- Credit Points:
- Up to 40,5 ECTS
- Certificate from RWTH Aachen University
Discover your advantages
As a participant you will...
- benefit from exclusive admission to your desired M.Sc. program
- fulfill the academic admission requirements for a Master’s program
- gain work experience during an internship at RWTH and start writing your bachelor thesis
- study in Germany and get an insight into RWTH’s teaching standard
- receive administrative and academic support before, during and after the program
Prepare for admission to our M.Sc.
The 3+1+2 program aligns practice-oriented modules with an engineering internship at RWTH. In addition, you will join online courses of our best-established distance learning program, the German Engineering College. The combination of all - online courses, on-campus courses and internship - is an ideal way to start writing your bachelor thesis at RWTH and getting excellent preparation for a M.Sc. degree program.
Distance learning modules in the 3rd study year:
Practice-oriented modules on RWTH campus in 4th study year:
Exam & Certificate
At the end of each course there will be an examination (written and/or oral). Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive three certificates from RWTH Aachen University:
- Certificate for on-campus modules
- Certificate for online modules of the German Engineering College
- Certificate for Internship
The certificates will state the course grades and workload as well as the content and learning objectives of each course.
Explore your future opportunities
The 3+1+2 program aims to prepare for one of the following M.Sc. programs offered by RWTH International Academy:
M.Sc. Degree Programs in Engineering
M.Sc. Degree Programs in Management & Engineering
As a participant of the 3+1+2 program, you will finalize your bachelors at RWTH and are allowed to apply for the Master’s during the EU application period. Additionally, you do not necessarily have to go back to your home country to apply or extend your visa if you’re going to continue studying at RWTH. You can start the visa process in Aachen. For students from China and India, it will not be necessary to apply for APS a second time.
Participants with above-average performance in the program get the chance to receive the Outstanding Performance Award. This scholarship covers up to 50% of the tuition fees for one of the above mentioned M.Sc. degree programs.
Other students ask about...
What is an "academic admission requirement"?
I have already taken some of the modules in my bachelor’s. Do I have to take them again?
What is the difference between the 3+1+2 Program and the German Engineering College?
Your way to us
This program is for students from cooperating universities only. If you are interested in our program, please contact us via email or get in touch with the directors of our local offices (China Office, Mexico Office or India Office) of RWTH International Academy and gain exclusive access.
- Enrolled B.Sc. / B.E. student in their 2nd or 3rd year
- English language proficiency*
*equivalent to: Level B2 of CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), TOEFL ibt with a minimum result of 72 points, IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5, CET Band 4 with a minimum result of 480, CET Band 6 with a minimum result of 450
- Registration Form
- Learning Agreement
- Letter of Recommendation from your home university
- Transcript of Records
- Motivation Letter
- Copy of Passport
- Proof of English Language Proficiency*
*exception: students or graduates of an English taught Bachelor program, do not need to provide a Proof of English Language Proficiency.
Program fees include:
- RWTH Student Card (including transportation within the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia and starting credit for the student canteen)
- semester fees/social contribution fees at RWTH Aachen University
- credit for the “Mensa” (student canteen) during the on-site modules
- accommodation in one of the IntAc Boarding Houses (if needed)
Student fees don't include:
- travel expenses to and from Aachen
- personal travel within the program
- living expenses
- insurance premiums
- APS and visa process
Any further questions?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to answer your questions and provide you with information about the program.
If you are interested in becoming a cooperating university, please send us an official request.