Housing for our Master students
Stay with RWTH International Academy
Aachen is a vibrant university city with several hundred new students arriving each semester. The housing market is quite tough as a result, especially during the months of March/April and September/October. Finding suitable and affordable accommodation can be time consuming and challenging.
Therefore, we offer our own accommodation in two apartment buildings in the city center to students of our Master’s degree programs. Benefit from exclusive prices and in-house services, whether you only need short-term accommodation before moving into your own apartment, or you are looking for a new home for the duration of your studies.
Available are the following newly renovated and modern types of accommodation:
Flat Share for 3 or 5 people
- 55 fully furnished rooms in shared accommodation with shared kitchen and bathroom
- 41 fully furnished apartments for single or double occupancy
- ensuite kitchenette, private bathroom and shared study / living room
- 64 beds for max. 2 people occupancy
- equipped with bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, shelf, kitchenette, ensuite bathroom
- shared study & recreation rooms
Get in Contact
Our Housing Team will be happy to answer all your questions. Visit our housing website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For our Master students from China, India and Latin America, we reserve rooms and flat shares in our apartment buildings at special conditions. If you would like to benefit from this exclusive offer, please get in touch with the director of the respective Academy Office.
Explore other housing options
Looking for other forms of accommodation in Aachen? Perhaps living in a dormitory or private flat is a good alternative for you.
A room or apartment in a residence hall is often the cheapest option, and offers students a great basis to get to know other students from other courses, universities, and perhaps countries. Roughly only 10 % of all students registered in Aachen receive placement in a student residence. Therefore, we strongly advise students to consider numerous housing options before settling in Aachen!
Learn more about Student Residences
Most students in Aachen live in private flats. The most popular and cheapest option is living a shared flat with other students. This is called a "WG" (Wohn-Gemeinschaft) in Germany and may cost between €350 - 450 per month. While each student has a private room in a WG, the community spaces like kitchen, bathroom and terrace are shared. Please note, that WG rooms are usually unfurnished.
Learn more about Private Accommodation
Need more advice?
To support your housing-hunting, we have collected some useful information & tips:
- Monthly rent with long-term contract:
Student dormitory € 250 - 500, Flat Share € 350 - 450, Single Apartment € 550 - 700
- Monthly utilities / additional costs: heating, water, electricity €100 - 200 Rundfunkbeitrag (TV license fee) € 18,36
Internet € 20 - 30
- Keep rent costs low by considering outer city regions of Aachen like Brand, Haaren, Laurensberg, Richterich as well as the neighboring cities Würselen, Herzogenrath, Kohlscheid, Alsdorf, Eschweiler or Stolberg.
- Living NL in the neighboring border town in Vaals: Please note that, if you are not a citizen of the EU, the conditions of your visa may not permit you to live outside of Germany!
- By German law every citizen must register with the City of Aachen „Einwohnermeldeamt“, to do so you must bring a confirmation of your landlord called the „Wohnungsgeberbestätigung“.
Be aware of scams