RWTH Engineering College 3+1 Program
This program is designed for students in the last year of their Bachelor’s degree who want to refresh some of the subjects required for a Master’s program and write a practice-oriented research thesis in a double-tutor system with a supervisor from RWTH Aachen University and a supervisor from their home university.
- Study format:
- Semester abroad
- 6 months / 9 months
- B.Sc./B.E. student from a cooperating university
- On campus
- Credit Points:
- 30 ECTS / 40 ECTS
- Certificate from RWTH Aachen University
- Qualify yourself in practice-oriented courses and during the internship
- Write your research thesis in a double-tutor system
- Get used to RWTH’s learning and teaching standards
- Strengthen your employability for the job market
- Improve your personal and professional skills
- Expand your international network
- Learn more about German culture and tradition
- Get support with all administrative matters before and during the program
The scientific leadership of the program lies with the Institute of General Mechanics (IAM) of RWTH Aachen University.
The program combines technical courses with an engineering internship at an institute of RWTH Aachen University. In addition, you will receive assistance in writing your research thesis through the double-tutor system and a scientific writing course.
Exam & Certificate
At the end of each course there will be an exam in written, oral or presentation form. Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive an Expert Certificate from RWTH Aachen University indicating the course grades as well as the grades for your internship and your research thesis.
We are happy to help you with all administrative matters that arise before and during your program. We support you in the APS process, in applying for your visa, in taking out all necessary insurances and in all processes related to your stay at RWTH Aachen University as well as in Germany.
Alongside organizational assistance, you will receive intensive academic support during the program and help with your application for the Master‘s programs at RWTH Aachen University.
This program is for students from cooperating universities only. Please contact your home university to find out if your university is one of our cooperating universities and for more information about the application process.
- Enrolled B.Sc. / B.E. student in the last year of study
- English skills equivalent to:
• Level B2 of CEFR*
• TOEFL ibt with a minimum result of 72 points
• IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5
• CET Band 6 with a minimum result of 450
*(Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Registration Form
- Learning Agreement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of Records
- Copy of Passport
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
Please contact your home university for information on course fees and scholarship opportunities.
Program fees include:
- course materials
- RWTH Student Card (including transportation within the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia and starting credit for the student canteen)
- semester fees at RWTH Aachen University
- accommodation (only for participants of the 6-month program)
Not included are:
- travel expenses to and from Aachen and personal travel within the program
- living expenses
- insurance premiums
- accommodation (for participants of the 9-month program)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to answer your questions and provide you with information about the program.
If you are interested in becoming a cooperating universities, please send us an official request.
Head of Intake
Director China Office
Dr. Sandeep Patil
Director India Office