Combined Offer: RWTH Certificate Courses Six Sigma Green Belt & Black Belt
Lead Sustainable Improvements in the Company
With this combination offer, you will become a Six Sigma expert in just 12 months. You can improve company processes and identify hidden potential as part of the certificate course.
You start with the Six Sigma Green Belt and learn about and apply the Six Sigma control loop (DMAIC). The Green Belt is followed by the Six Sigma Black Belt, which enables you to solve complex problems and lead or coach teams.
- Study format:
- Two Certificate Courses
- 4x4 Days
- Six Sigma Green Belt: 22.11. - 25.11.2021 (Module 1) as well as 21.03. - 24.03.2022 (Module 2); optional lean addition on 25.03.2022; Six Sigma Black Belt: date for 2022 to be announced
- Credit Points:
- 2x4 ECTS (200 Hrs. Workload)
- Course fees:
- 7,990 € instead of 8.940 € for individual course bookings, incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- RWTH Executive Certificate
In Six Sigma Green Belt, you will learn to:
- independently carry out and manage Six Sigma improvement projects
- how to deal with methods and tools of systematic improvement management
- how to analyze and improve processes in the company in a standardized way
In Six Sigma Black Belt, you will learn to:
- manage and successfully complete complex improvement projects
- Apply sophisticated tools of the extended Six Sigma methodology
- train employees in the Six Sigma methodology and use it to improve processes
Contents of the Trainings
Through the control loop (DMAIC) of Six Sigma, you can filter out decisive improvement measures, make them measurable, implement them and, if necessary, transfer them to other business areas. You can take over project management in your Six Sigma team, coach and motivate employees, and present direct reporting to the management in a transparently way
Schedule Six Sigma Green Belt
Schedule Six Sigma Black Belt
Our Lecturers of the Six Sigma Trainings
Qualified Six Sigma experts from the Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management at the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Robert Schmitt is director at the Machine Tool Laboratory WZL at RWTH Aachen University, member of the Board of Directors at Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT and the Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management RWTH Aachen University.
After studying electrical engineering, Professor Schmitt worked as a research assistant at the WZL. Since 1997 he worked for a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer in a leading position in quality management and later took over responsibility in production at various production sites.
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- This combined Six Sigma Green Belt & Black Belt offer is aimed at all specialists and managers who are responsible for and work on systematic improvement projects in the company, primarily in the areas of production, quality management, corporate development and process management, but also in the service sector.
- An existing Six Sigma Yellow Belt qualification is advantageous for starting with the Six Sigma Green Belt certificate course, but not mandatory.
- At the beginning of each of the two courses, you will briefly present the outline of the improvement project you are planning. We will send you a presentation template in due time.
You will receive two officially recognized Executive Certificates "Six Sigma Green Belt" and "Six Sigma Black Belt" from RWTH Aachen University. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS): It is possible to credit these towards other certified courses or even towards a subsequent university program.
After the Course Completion
In addition to our Six Sigma courses, we offer a variety of other certificate courses, seminars & workshops in different subject areas - e.g. quality management, electrification & mobility, technology management and robotics & Industry 4.0.
We would be happy to advise you on your next RWTH continuing education course!
Why Six Sigma at the RWTH International Academy?
- You will receive targeted expertise through the specific supervision of expert lecturers with consulting experience from the Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management.
- This is a practical training program at one of the world's best technical universities and you will acquire state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will obtain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification.
- Optionally, a one-day Lean training can be added to the Green Belt course.
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!