RWTH Certificate Course Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA) in Industry
Responsible Management - with S-LCA to a Holistically Sustainable Company
In this online certificate course you will learn to identify social hotspots in your company and your supply chain. This will enable you to make concrete improvements towards a socially responsible and holistically sustainable company.
- Study format:
- Online Certificate Course
- Basic Seminar : 2 days, Advanced Seminar: 2x2 days - all dates are half day which take place in the mornings
- After announcement
- Credit Points:
- 2 ECTS (50 hrs. workload)
- Course fees:
- Basic Seminar: 399€; Certificate Course (Basic + Advanced): 1,690 €; Prices incl. course documents & accompanying program
- RWTH Executive Certificate
You will learn:
- Introduction to relevance and methodology of S-LCA
- Identification of social hotspots in the company and the supply chain
- Direct application of S-LCA by means of a case study
In this digital training, you will learn how to set up and carry out an S-LCA. The basic seminar (can be booked individually) introduces sustainability assessment, shows the added value for the company and is dedicated to the stakeholder categories, among other things.
The Advanced course provides more in-depth knowledge of the concrete implementation of an S-LCA. Based on this, you independently apply a case study between the two module blocks and present the results in the 2nd module block.
Your knowledge is consolidated through discussions within the group and group work.
Day 1: 12 May 2022
Day 2: 13 May 2022
Block 1: 26 September 2022
Block 1: 27 September 2022
Block 2: 17 November 2022
Block 2: 18 November 2022
Networking-tip: We cordially invite you to a get-together on 28 July!
Lecturer and scientific director of the course Social Life Cycle Assessment in Industry
Prof. Marzia Traverso
Professor and Head of the Institute for Sustainability in Construction at RWTH Aachen University
In 2020, she was appointed as an expert and member of the following bodies:
- Technical Advisory Panel on the Ecological Footprint (Section E03710), PEF EU
- Rapporteur of the Technical Working Group of the European Commission's Sustainable Finance Platform.
- Convener and project leader of ISO 14075 on Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA).
- PhD in Environmental Engineering Physics at the University of Palermo and Environmental Engineer in the field of Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability Performance of the Construction and Transport Sector and Strategic Environmental Assessment of Urban Transport Systems.
- From November 2011 to March 2016, project manager at the BMW Group Research and Innovation Centre. Responsible for the sustainability performance and life cycle assessment of several cars, including BMW i3, BMW i8, 7 Series.
- Author and reviewer of several scientific articles in journals such as Sustainability, Int. Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, Work Ecology. Technical editor in Social Life Cycle Assessment in the Int. Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. Member of several editorial boards such as Int. Journal of LCA, Sustainable Development, Resources.
- President of the Board of Directors "Forum for Sustainability through Life Cycle Innovation" - FSLCI. Chair of the (Technical Listening) Global Listening Center.
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- The Social Life Cycle Assessment course is aimed at sustainability managers, engineers and management.
- The fields of application are manifold, e.g. batteries, automotive, textile, biobased materials, construction sector
Upon completion of the Basic Seminar, you will receive a RWTH Aachen Certificate of Attendance. You will receive the officially recognized Executive Certificate "Social Life Cycle Assessment in Industry" from RWTH Aachen University if you have successfully completed both the basic course and the two advanced modules. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS).
After the Course Completion
In addition to the Social Life Cycle Assessment certificate course, we offer a variety of other certificate courses, seminars & workshops in different subject areas - e.g. technology management, quality management, electrification & mobility as well as robotics & Industry 4.0.
We would be happy to advise you regarding your next RWTH continuing education!
Why Social Life Cycle Assessment at the RWTH International Academy?
- Holistic sustainability strategies - including economic, environmental and social aspects - are highly relevant for companies today. It is thus essential for them to check their own services/products for their environmental impact and social factors. Globalisation and interconnected supply chains make transparency in production processes more difficult - also with regard to social hotspots. S-LCA enables the uncovering of social risks beyond the company's own gateway, so that appropriate and targeted measures can be taken to improve social performance.
- You will receive targeted expertise through the specific supervision of knowledgeable and consulting-experienced Social Life Cycle Assessment experts from the Institute for Sustainability in Construction.
- It's a hands-on education at one of the world's top technical universities and you'll gain knowledge at the cutting edge of research.
- You gain a high-quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen certificate.
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!