RWTH Certificate Course Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid
Flexibility and Quality Cleverly Combined
You will learn to implement decisive improvement measures using innovative case studies, how to improve business processes using the Six Sigma methodology and identify hidden potential. Acquire course content flexibly and at your own pace, reducing absence time at work.
- Study format:
- Certificate Course
- 3+2 Attendance Days + Online Preparation incl. Online Seminars
- Attendance Days: 17.11. - 19.11.2021 and 31.03. - 01.04.2022
- Credit Points:
- 4 ECTS (100 Hrs. Workload)
- Course fees:
- 3,990 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- RWTH Executive Certificate
You will learn:
- to independently carry out and manage Six Sigma improvement projects
- how to deal with methods and tools of systematic improvement management
- how to analyze and optimize processes in the company in a standardized way using the DMAIC cycle
- methods for problem structuring and creativity techniques
Course Schedule Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid
Contents of the Training
The course begins with an online phase that teaches the basic Six Sigma theories. In this phase, you learn the methodological knowledge using web-based training, teaching letters, checklists and receive targeted coaching through online seminars. In the face-to-face training sessions, you will apply the theory you have learned in practice over 3+2 days in close contact with other participants and the lecturers using case studies to consolidate the knowledge you have acquired.
- Before each attendance phase, an online readiness check is completed to ensure the learning success of the online phase.
- In addition, the following exams will be taken: At the end of the second module, a 30-minute multiple choice exam will be taken and the individual project will be presented. Finally, there will be an oral exam in the online seminar.
Your improvement project
- Between the two practical phases, you will implement a qualifying Green Belt improvement project in the company. In this way, you will apply the methods you have learned in a targeted manner in practice and develop a measurable benefit for your own company.
- You define the project roughly before the start of the course and present it briefly at the beginning of the first module. You will discuss and concretize the project together with the lecturers.
- After the first module, you will start working on the project in your company for about 3 months, which is oriented to the first three phases of the DMAIC cycle. In the process, the Six Sigma tools learned are systematically applied.
- In the second module, the previous project results are presented and the next phases of the DMAIC cycle are dealt with.
- After completion of the Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid certificate course, the improvement project can be completed autonomously in one's own company.
Our Lecturers of the Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid Course
Qualified quality management experts from the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Robert Schmitt is Director at the Machine Tool Laboratory WZL at RWTH Aachen University, member of the Board of Directors at the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT and Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management at RWTH Aachen University.
After studying electrical engineering, Professor Schmitt worked as a research assistant at the WZL. Since 1997, he worked for a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer in a leading position in quality management and later took over responsibility in production at various production sites.
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- This Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid training is designed for project managers, quality managers, and professionals or managers in the service or manufacturing industries.
- They must have the opportunity to implement a qualifying Green Belt improvement project in their company.
- At least one year of professional experience
You will receive an officially recognized executive certificate "Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid" from RWTH Aachen University. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS): There is the possibility of crediting these to other certified courses or even to a subsequent university course.
After the Course Completion
After successfully completing the Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid, you can go directly one level higher and complete the Six Sigma Black Belt - here you will learn to lead and work on complex improvement projects. Here you will find all courses within the subject area of quality management.
Why Six Sigma Green Belt Hybrid at the RWTH International Academy?
- The hybrid format of the certificate course allows you to reduce absences from your company and learn at your individual pace.
- You will gain targeted expertise through specific mentoring from knowledgeable Six Sigma experts with consulting experience from the Department of Manufacturing Metrology and Quality Management.
- It is a hands-on education at one of the world's top technical universities and you will gain state-of-the-art knowledge.
- You will gain a high quality educational qualification through a RWTH Aachen qualification.
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!