RWTH Certificate Course Chief Technology Manager (Munich)
Sucessfully Designing Strategic Technology and Innovation Management
Identify successful approaches to technology and innovation management for the effective identification, evaluation and development of new technologies. On this basis, design a consistent strategy and derive your future fields of action. Test the knowledge gained in practical exercises to develop innovative business models for your individual market success on this basis
- Study format:
- Certificate Course
- 5 Days
- 21. - 25.11.2022
- Credit Points:
- 2 ECTS (60 Hrs. Workload)
- Course fees:
- 4.200 € incl. lunch, course materials & social program, excl. overnight stay/arrival & departure
- RWTH Executive Certificate
You will learn:
- Field-tested methods for the systematic design of a strategic technology and innovation management
- Interfaces to business model innovations and agile technology development
- Solidification of newly-acquired knowledge in practical exercises on the basis of a continuous case study
- Best practices from industrial practice
Contents of the Training
You will be enabled to implement successful approaches of technology and innovation management in your own company. Our lecturers from science and consulting explain theoretical foundations and present successful approaches from science as well as from industrial practice: From the creation of a consistent technology strategy, the identification of new technologies and their targeted development to the development of business model innovations for the successful implementation of products in the market.
Technology and Innovation Management as a Success Factor
Competence Analysis and Competence-based Diversification
Environmental Analysis, Development of New Business Models and
Technology Scouting and Monitoring, integr. Technology Planning and Agile Technology Development
Outlook Technology and Innovation Management and Exam
- The focus is on case studies and exercises in which participants concretize and apply the theoretical principles.
- In addition to lectures and practice-oriented exercises, there are numerous opportunities for professional and personal exchange as well as networking during the course during joint evening events.
The professionally organized and compactly structured course combines the theoretical background knowledge with the practical application very clearly. The applied case study as well as the numerous practical examples deepen the understanding of models, tools and methods enormously. Already during the course, some aspects became apparent that I would like to implement immediately in my company. The course can therefore be clearly recommended as a preparatory or further training measure for anyone working in the innovation environment.Raoul Bierwirth, Zentis Holding GmbH
Lecturers of the Certificate Course Chief Technology Manager
Dipl.-Ing. Toni Drescher
Head of Department Operational Technology Management of the Fraunhofer IPT
In addition to his work at the Fraunhofer IPT, Dipl.-Ing. Toni Drescher is head of the Invention Center at the RWTH Aachen Campus and CEO of KEX Knowledge Exchange AG, which provides scanning, scouting and monitoring of technologies and markets for companies by means of extensive access to information sources and subject matter experts as well as an intelligent knowledge management system.
Thomas Scheuer, M.Sc.
Project Manager Strategic Technology Management of the Fraunhofer IPT
Since 2018, Thomas Scheuer has been working in the Technology Early Warning Group of the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology. He leads consulting projects in topics related to technology and innovation management as well as the strategic orientation of manufacturing companies. In addition to his work at the Fraunhofer IPT, he is completing his doctorate on increasing labor productivity through the use of data-driven technologies.
Univ. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Wirt. Ing. Günther Schuh is director of the Fraunhofer IPT and the WZL Machine Tool Laboratory at RWTH Aachen University.
His research focuses on innovation management, technology management, production management, factory planning and corporate development.
Participation Requirements and Target Group
- The Chief Technology Manager certificate course is aimed at specialists and managers from technology-oriented companies.
- The following areas are of particular interest: research and development, technology and innovation management, new business development & strategy, production, and technical purchasing and management.
- The number of participants is limited to 20 persons, so that an efficient knowledge transfer in the dialogue between the participants and lecturers is guaranteed.
You will receive an officially recognized executive certificate "Chief Technology Manager" from RWTH Aachen University. The achievements within the certificate course are consistently marked with the Europe-wide valid instrument "European Credit Transfer Systems" (ECTS): It is possible for these to be credited to other certified courses or even to subsequent university studies.
After the Course Completion
In addition to the Fine Blanking course, we offer a variety of other certificate courses, seminars & workshops in different subject areas - e.g. Technology Management, Quality Management, Electrification & Mobility and Robotics & Industry 4.0.
We would be happy to advise you regarding your next RWTH continuing education!
Why take the Course Chief Technology Manager at the RWTH International Academy? (Kopie)
- Imparting practice-relevant and applicable knowledge in technology management as well as for the systematic development of business model innovations.
- In-depth knowledge of methods and tools for the sustainable implementation of processes in your company
Reference to current problems of companies from practice
- Projection of what you have learned to your own professional field or your own company
- Learning from best practice examples from industry as well as through the interdisciplinary exchange of experience
in the network
Looking for a place to stay during your continuing education with us in Aachen? Why not check in at our boarding house at Elisabethstraße 13:
- close to the City-Center
- very good connection to us in the cluster production technology
- room approx. 20m², completely furnished with kitchenette and private bathroom
If you live/work in Germany, there are some opportunities for government funding of your continuing education. Financial and time support is offered, for example
- the individual federal states (e.g. through Bildungsscheck or QualiCheck)
- the education premium
- the educational leave
The course, or parts of it, would also be interesting for your entire team/your company? Then applies: our team for your team! We would be happy to advise you on the possibility of an inhouse course. Give us a call or write to us - we will tailor your further training to suit your needs!