Why choose us?
RWTH Aachen University is one of Germany's Universities of Excellence. It is a place where the future of our industrialized world is thought out. The University is proving to be a popular spot with increasing international recognition where innovative answers to global challenges are developed.
Our International Guest Student Programme give you a fantastic opportunity to experience what university life in Germany and particularly at the top-ranked RWTH Aachen University is really like.
To get more information about RWTH Facts and Figures, please have a look here.
Every year, we are glad to welcome international students to our International Guest Student Programme at RWTH Aachen University.
Evaluation in 2018
Here some results of the student evaluation in 2018:
|100%||of all International Guest students in 2018 would recommend the program to their friends.|
|98%||of our International Guest students in 2018 assessed the overall value of the program "excellent".|
|98%||of our International Guest students 2018 evaluated the organization of the program "excellent".|
|100%||of all International Guest students in 2018 get an approval for a Master's Degree program at RWTH International Academy.|
According to QS-World Ranking, RWTH Aachen University "is the largest university of technology in Germany and one of the most renowned in Europe. Every year, numerous international students and scientists come to the university to benefit from its high quality courses and excellent facilities, both of which are recognized at an international level. [...] With its 260 institutes in nine faculties, RWTH Aachen is among the leading European scientific and research institutions." (Source: https://www.topuniversities.com/universities/rwth-aachen-university)
- 2015: The University was particularly successful in mechanical engineering, which was ranked 12th worldwide and the best German university. It is also ranked as the best German University for Chemical Engineering and secures 34th place world wide in this subject. Source: QS World University Ranking by Subject
- 2014: RWTH Aachen University is again among the top 20 universities worldwide (rank 18) and Germany's best in the subject "Engineering - Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing". For more information and ranking results, see here.
- 2013: RWTH Aachen University moved even more forward and is now among the top 20 (rank 17) universities by subject "Engineering & Technology - Mechanical Engineering". It is also rated as the best university for mechanical Engineering in Germany and the second best one in continental Europe. For an overview by subject, see here.
- 2015: The RWTH Aachen graduates in mechanical engineering, natural science and industrial engineering have THE BEST education in comparison to all universities in Germany, according to a survey initiated by the German business magazine “Wirtschaftswoche” and the consulting company “Universum” .
- 2014: In the 2014 ranking published in June, 2014 by Wirschafts Woche RWTH Aachen University secures the first places in Electrical Engineering and Natural Sciences. In Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Computer Science they secure the second place.
- 2013: In the 2013 ranking published on April 11, 2013 by Wirschafts Woche, RWTH Aachen is "the leader in all technical disciplines". RWTH Aachen University secures the first place in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Natural Sciences, Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Economics.
- 2012: In their 2012 report, human resources managers of the largest German corporations again ranked RWTH Aachen as the best German university. Asked about their preferred university for the recruitment of graduates, the HR managers ranked RWTH first in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Natural Sciences, and Business and Engineering. (http://www.wiwo.de/erfolg/campus-mba/uni-ranking-deutschlands-beste-universitaeten/6476062.html)
Accreditation by ASIIN e.V.
Partner of RWTH Aachen University and RWTH International Academy for certification of quality management systems in systems accreditation is 'ASIIN e.V.' This accreditation agency for degree programs sets standards for programs in engineering, computer science, natural sciences, mathematics, and teaching qualification. All master's degree programs offered in cooperation with the faculty of mechanical engineering of the RWTH Aachen University and RWTH International Academy have been accredited by ASIIN. The accreditation has to be updated in regular five-year periods to ensure a continuous level of quality and further improvement.