Application Process and Deadlines
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
Early applications are encouraged! Please plan ahead to allow enough time for visa and travel arrangements.
Attention: We can only accept Online Applications!
For detailed information, please click below.
How to apply
1. Download the Registration Form and the Learning Agreement.
2. Fill in and sign both forms. The Learning Agreement must be signed by the student and the respective person in charge at their home university.
3. Send your documents (see Required Documents section below) to RWTH-MEC@academy.rwth-aachen.de .
After you submitted the complete application, the selection committee will make a first selection on the basis of the applicant’s qualifications.
If the committee has reviewed your application positively, you will get an appointment for your skype interview with the committee. If this also get positiv you are admitted to the programme and will receive an answer immediately.
✓ Registration Form
✓ Learning Agreement
✓ Recommendation Letter from your University
✓ Proof of Language Proficiency
✓ Copy of your Transcript of Records
✓ Passport (photocopy)
✓ Motivation Letter
✓ Curriculum Vitae (Europass Format)
Please note: The Registration Form and the Learning Agreement must be duly signed by the student and the respective person in charge at their home university. The signed documents must be send via e-mail to RWTH-MEC@academy.rwth-aachen.de until March 15th, 2019.
English Language Requirements
Please note that you do have to prove your English language proficiency, inter alia via skype interview.
Exemptions from the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia.
English Language Requirements - Details and minimum scores:
For the RWTH MEC:
The undergraduates are qualified by a recommendation letter from their home university and are fluent in English. The students must pass an English language proficiency test for admission to the programme, which should be at least
- level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or equivalent e.g.
- TOEFL “Paper-based” Test (PBT) with a minimum result of 70 points or
- IELTS-Test with a minimum result of 5.5, or
- CET Band 6 with a minimum result of 425.