The great number of over 50.000 students will make your student life in Aachen vibrant and unique. No matter if you are interested in sports, arts or culture, there are plenty of options to enjoy your student life.
This page will provide you with information that will help you to organize and enjoy your life in Aachen, be it regarding culture, sports or helpful institutions. Please note that we are not responsible for the correctness and completeness of the contents of the recommended sites.
- Cinemas in Aachen: The Cineplex is the biggest cinema in Aachen. Besides that, there are others like the Apollo (that also transforms to a bar/club at some days of the week) or the Eden Palast (that e.g. offers operas or theatre plays from time to time).
- Museums in Aachen: There is much more to see in Aachen than only the Rathaus (city hall) and the Dom (cathedral), even if those two buildings are really worth visiting. Aachen has got a newspaper museum, a museum for international art and many more.
- Theatres in Aachen: There are many different theatres in Aachen: From those ones that present plays in traditional Aachen dialect (Öcher Platt) to those that offer plays especially attractive to young people. Students can get a great discount and enjoy different plays at an incredibly good price.
- Aachen Sports League (Alemannia Aachen)
- Spa / Hot Springs: Aachen is very famous for its hot springs. The European emperor Charlemagne (about 800 AD), made Aachen the capital of his empire and his residence because of the hot springs and the healing potential they have. They are a great opportunity to relax, especially after a long study week.
- Air Traffic: Maastricht Aachen Airport / Cologne Bonn Airport / Duesseldorf International Airport
- Bus Schedule : for transportation in and around Aachen (ASEAG)
- City of Aachen: City council, public facilities like museums and swimming pools, information about registration, etc.
- Trains (national/international): The Deutsche Bahn has special offers for travelling around Germany (Schönes Wochenende Ticket), to Paris (about 3 hours with Thalys), etc.
- Fire Accident (Fire Department) [Dial: 112]
- Ambulance [Dial: 112]
- Police (Emergency, eg. assault) [Dial: 110]
- Security at RWTH Aachen university [Dial: 113]