Master's Prep Courses for MME-Water
Registration deadline: 30 June
Date: The MPC take place between August and October.
- Study format:
- Preparatory Course (offline)
- Admission to M.Sc. MME-Water
- The courses will be held by professors and research assistants of RWTH Aachen University
- Credit points:
- up to 22 ECTS
- Course fees:
- EUR 750,00 per technical course
The Master's Prep Courses for Management and Engineering in Water are an offer for students admitted to the M.Sc. program M.Sc. MME-Water. The offered bridging courses provide excellent preparation for your future studies at RWTH Aachen University. A Master’s degree program at the RWTH Aachen University requires a very advanced and specialized level of technical knowledge. To obtain this level, the Master's Prep Courses offer you bridging courses, as well as scientific guidance and intense social support.
In addition to excellent preparation, you can rely on social and organisational support during your first weeks in the city of Aachen. The Master’s Prep Courses were developed by the RWTH International Academy in close cooperation with the Faculty of Civil Engineering.
Take your chance!
Every year, RWTH International Academy receives numerous applications from high potential students who, however, have difficulties with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University as their universities do have different main focuses. Our Master's Prep Courses give you the chance to acquire the knowledge needed for beginning and successfully completing the Master's degree program.
Get a head start and...
…fulfill your admission requirements with a thorough preparation during the Master's Prep Courses.
...establish first contacts with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University.
...get intensive support in small groups.
...brush up your technical knowledge before the regular lectures start.
...benefit from a smooth transition into your Master’s degree program.
Fees and Expenses
Tuition Fees (payable to RWTH International Academy)
Our Master's Prep Courses are tailor-made for you as admitted M.Sc. MME-Water student at RWTH Aachen who wants to fulfill conditions for admission in English-taught bridging courses even before your Master's degree program starts.
Offered Master's Prep Courses for MME-Water:
- Thermodynamics (EUR 750,00)
- Mechanics (EUR 750,00)
This adds up to a total maximum of EUR 1.500,00.
If you participate in the Master's Prep Courses the tuition fee covers:
- your chosen bridging courses
- the personal mentoring and tutoring
- support with all organizational matters
- social events
Banking Information RWTH International Academy gGmbH
Beneficiary: RWTH International Academy gGmbH
IBAN: DE90 3905 0000 0000 4383 74
Name of the bank: Sparkasse Aachen
Address of the bank: Muensterplatz 7-9, 52062 Aachen
In order to locate the payments, customer and invoice number, as well as the abbreviation of the respective Master's degree program (MPC MME-Water) have to be indicated in the headline. As newly admitted student please indicate your application number instead of the customer/invoice number.
Master's Prep Courses - Details
To prepare you for your M.Sc. degree program MME-Water we offer the courses Modelling & Simulation, Thermodynamics and Mechanics.
Modelling & Simulation
- Introduction to system theory, dynamic system, model and simulation
- Modelling mechanical systems
- Modelling thermodynamic systems
- Structural lineal and mathematical modelling
- Object-oriented modelling
- Discrete systems
- Basic concepts of Thermodynamics
- Properties of pure substances
- Energy transfer
- First law of Thermodynamics - Energy balance
- Second law of Thermodynamics - Entropy balance
- Power cycles
- systems of forces
- rope statics
- the principle of virtual work
- applications for Tensor Calculation
- tension and distortion state
- elementary elastostatics of the bars
- energy methods in rigid body dynamics
- introduction to vibration theory
Mrs. Lisa Portz
Master's Prep Coordinator