Master's Prep Courses for MME-Construct
Register here: https://step.academy-rwth.de/
Deadline: 30 May
Course Dates: The MPCs take place between August and October.
- Study format:
- Preparatory Course
- Admission to M.Sc. MME-Construct
- The courses will be held by professors and research assistants of RWTH Aachen University.
- Course fees:
- EUR 750,00 per technical course
The Master's Prep Courses for Management and Engineering in Design Concepts and Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities are an offer for students admitted to the M.Sc. program M.Sc. MME-Construct. The offered bridging courses provide excellent preparation for your future studies at RWTH Aachen University. A Master’s degree program at the RWTH Aachen University requires a very advanced and specialized level of technical knowledge. To obtain this level, the Master's Prep Courses offer you bridging courses, as well as scientific guidance and intense social support.
In addition to excellent preparation, you can rely on social and organisational support during your first weeks in the city of Aachen. The Master’s Prep Courses were developed by the RWTH International Academy in close cooperation with the Faculty of Civil Engineering.
Take your chance!
Every year, RWTH International Academy receives numerous applications from high potential students who, however, have difficulties with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University as their universities have different main focuses. Our Master's Prep Courses give you the chance to acquire the knowledge needed for beginning and successfully completing the Master's degree program.
Get a head start and...
- …fulfill your admission requirements with a thorough preparation during the Master's Prep Courses.
- ...gain insight into the academic program at RWTH Aachen University.
- ...get intensive support in small groups.
- ...brush up on your technical knowledge before the regular lectures start.
- ...benefit from a smooth transition into your Master’s degree program.
Fees and Expenses
Tuition Fees (payable to RWTH International Academy)
Our Master's Prep Courses are tailor-made for you as admitted M.Sc. MME-Construct student at RWTH Aachen who wants to fulfill conditions for admission in English-taught bridging courses even before your Master's degree program starts.
Offered Master's Prep Courses for MME-Construct:
- Mathematics III (EUR 750,00)
- Mechanics III (EUR 750,00)
To prepare you for your M.Sc. degree program MME-CONSTRUCT we offer the courses Mathematics III and Mechanics III.
Mathematics III - Content:
- Vector Analysis and Integral Theorems
- vector fields, chain rule, differential operators (div, curl, Laplace), curve integrals, scalar and vector potentials, area and volume integrals, transformation formula, surface and flux integral, integral theorems of Gauß and Stokes.
- Fourier Analysis: Convergence of functions (uniform, pointwise, and mean square convergence), Fourier polynomials, convergence of Fourier series.
- Probability: Probability spaces, random variable, probability distribution, law of large numbers, central limit theorem.
Mechanics III - Content:
- Kinematics of the mass point: Position, velocity, acceleration; Frenet frame
- Kinematics of the rigid body: Coordinate transformation and relative motion; Derivatives; Special cases of motion
- Kinetics of the mass point: D'Alambert's principle; Momentum; Moment of momentum; Impact; Work, energy and power
- Kinetics of the rigid body: Principle of linear momentum for the rigid body; Principle of conservation of angular momentum of the rigid body; Energy and principle of energy conservation
- Energy methods: Principle of the virtual Work; Lagrange formulation
- Vibrations: Free undamped vibration; Free damped vibration; Forced vibration
Mrs. Alina Beling
Master's Prep Coordinator