Master's Prep Courses for MME-CAME & CAME
Register here: https://step.academy-rwth.de/
Deadline: 30 June
Course Dates: The MPC take place between August and October.
- Study format:
- Preparatory Course
- Admission to M.Sc. CAME or MME-CAME
- The courses will be held by professors and research assistants of RWTH Aachen University
- Course fees:
- EUR 750,00 per technical course
The Master's Prep Courses for Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering (CAME) and Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering (MME-CAME) are an offer for students admitted to the M.Sc. programs M.Sc. CAME and M.Sc. MME-CAME. The offered bridging courses provide excellent preparation for your future studies at RWTH Aachen University. A Master’s degree program at the RWTH Aachen University requires a very advanced and specialized level of technical knowledge. To obtain this level, the Master's Prep Courses offer you bridging courses, as well as scientific guidance and intense social support.
In addition to excellent preparation, you can rely on social and organisational support during your first weeks in the city of Aachen. The Master’s Prep Courses were developed by the RWTH International Academy in close cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
Take your chance!
Every year, RWTH International Academy receives numerous applications from high potential students who, however, have difficulties with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University as their universities do have different main focuses. Our Master's Prep Courses give you the chance to acquire the knowledge needed for beginning and successfully completing the Master's degree program.
Get a head start and...
- …fulfill your admission requirements with a thorough preparation during the Master's Prep Courses.
- ...gain insight into the academic program at RWTH Aachen University.
- ...get intensive support in small groups.
- ...brush up on your technical knowledge before the regular lectures start.
- ...benefit from a smooth transition into your Master’s degree program.
Fees and Expenses
Tuition Fees (payable to RWTH International Academy)
Our Master's Prep Courses are tailor-made for you as admitted M.Sc. CAME and M.Sc. MME-CAME student at RWTH Aachen who wants to fulfill conditions for admission in English-taught bridging courses even before your Master's degree program starts.
Offered Master's Prep Courses for CAME | MME-CAME:
- Mathematics III (EUR 750,00)
- Mechanics I (EUR 750,00)
Master's Prep Courses - Details
To prepare you for your M.Sc. degree program MME-CAME & CAME we offer the courses Mathematics III and Mechanics I.
||Online or offline?
26.08. - 20.09.2019
Mathematics III - Content:
- Vector Analysis and Integral Theorems
- vector fields, chain rule, differential operators (div, curl, Laplace), curve integrals, scalar and vector potentials, area and volume integrals, transformation formula, surface and flux integral, integral theorems of Gauß and Stokes.
- Fourier Analysis:
- Convergence of functions (uniform, pointwise, and mean square convergence), Fourier polynomials, convergence of Fourier series.
- Probability: Probability spaces, random variable, probability distribution, law of large numbers, central limit theorem.
||23.09. - 04.10.2019
||online & offline
Mechanics I - Content:
- Introduction to mechanics, Geometric basics, Basic terms and laws
- The concept of force, The equilibrium conditions for central force groups, Liberation and cutting principle
- The flat problem, examples
- The moment in space, Addition of moments, Representation of arbitrary force systems, Determination of the position of a body in space
- General conditions of equilibrium, Static determination of systems
- mountings, The superposition principle
- trussed girders, timber frameworks
- Non-degradable trusses, Knight's cut
- Center of force and center of gravity, individual force systems, Body with continuous mass distribution
- beams, internal forces
- frames, bows, internal forces
- friction, concept of labour, Work of forces and moments in infinitesimal motion
- Principle of virtual work, uses
- Potential forces, potential systems, Stability analysis of potential syste
Mrs. Lisa Portz
Master's Prep Coordinator