APPLICATION FOR NON-EUROPEAN APPLICANTS FROM 2 DECEMBER 2019 UNTIL 1 MARCH 2020!
The application portal for non-EU applicants for the next intake (winter semester 2019/20) is open from 2 December 2019 until 1 March 2020!
Please submit your online application here!
RWTH Business School is looking for applicants who have a background in a technological area and a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Applicants need a minimum of 15 credit points in higher mathematics and statistics as well as 125 credit points mathematics and natural sciences (e.g. chemistry and/or physics), and/or computer science and/or engineering, all of which are defined in the examination regulations.
The MME TIME has been designed for students who want to position themselves at the intersection of management and technology. Student should thus possess some basic knowledge in management and economics as evidenced by at least 10 credit points in this field. Students without previous courses in this field, however, can take part in the online course “Management Bootcamp” before the MME TIME program begins.
Professional Work Experience
Courses within the MME TIME program also address a broad set of technology and management challenges from current practice. Applicants thus need to have at least 12 months of professional work experience by the moment of enrolment (6 months by the moment of application)
The MME TIME program is entirely taught in the English language. Therefore, a recognized certificate of proficiency in English is required.
English Language Requirements
For all of our master's programmes: Certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
- TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.,
- IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5 pts.,
- Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
- First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with a B,
- Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University's language centre (B2).
- For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des "Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)" ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
- The score reports must not be older than two years by 1 August of the year the degree course you are applying for will start.
- A copy of the score reports needs to be uploaded to the online application system. In case of admission, the original scores have to be presented for enrolment in August.
Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
General Application Requirements (Checklist)
List of Documents to complete your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV): Please provide your latest CV (English, minimum two pages).
2. Letter of intent: Please provide a short and compelling statement of purpose, your goals and your expectations as they relate to the MME TIME program (English, two pages).
3. University degree certificate and university transcript of records: Please provide a copy of your degree certificate and your transcript of records of your Bachelor’s degree, if possible indicating the number of ECTS credits awarded. Furthermore, if your documents were not issued in English or German, you need to submit a certified translation. Please note that you can apply before you have received your final degree certificate. You will need to present it as part of the formal enrolment process in September, however.
4. Two letters of recommendation: Please provide two recommendation letters in English. They can be issued by a university professor/lecturer or by your current or previous employer. There is no standard form or format for the letter of recommendation that needs to be used. But please make sure that each recommendation letter is no longer than two pages and includes the following pieces of information:
- Your relationship to the author,
- Your academic/professional history,
- Your qualities/achievements/ambitions in your respective field,
- Your personal traits and goals,
- The author’s signature,
- The institution’s/company’s letter head (if possible) and
- A stamp of the issuing institution/company (if possible).
5. Professional work experience: Professional work experience of at least one year at the time of enrolment is expected. The proof of work experience must include the following pieces of information in the English language:
- Complete address and stamp of the company,
- Contact details and reference of your supervisor,
- Date of joining and, if applicable, resignation date,
- Weekly hours,
- Job position and
- A short description of your role.
The application process can be described as follows:
- Gather all documents in pdf format from our online checklist.
- Create an online application account using our online portal: https://online.rwth-aachen.de/RWTHonline/
- The application portal is open from December until March every year for applicants from outside Europe and from March until July for European applicants.
- Answer the questions on our online portal and upload the required documents.
- Complete the online application by clicking on “send.”
- The evaluation of the application is an ongoing process. You will be able track your application status.
- If you are admitted to the program, you need to confirm the admission.
Receipt & Information
Please wait for confirmation of the receipt of your documents. Please understand that it can take some time until you receive a confirmation email. You do not need to contact us, we will contact you as soon as possible via the email address that you provided in the online application system RWTHonline.
Admission & Rejection
Letters of rejection/admission will be sent out for each program indvidually. Letters of admission will be sent as an email and simultanesously by regular post. Letters of rejection will be sent by email.