Overview & Registration
Please note that only students who are admitted to RWTH's M.Sc. Physics program can participate in the Master’s College Physics.
Complete the registration for the Master’s College as soon as possible to take advantage of our early bird offer.
Overview - What you get!
Administrative / organizational support
Before you arrive
Before your M.Sc. program starts
During your M.Sc. program
Got to attend additional courses? - Here is what you can do!
Most graduates from universities other than RWTH Aachen need to pass additional courses. These courses are part of the standard German-taught Bachelor degree in Physics.
In case you are admitted with the condition to fulfil the additional subjects Theoretical Physics III & IV (Quantum Mechanics & Statistical Physics), you have e.g. the following options:
- You participate in the corresponding modules of our Bachelor program in physics. In case of Quantum Mechanics and Statistical Physics the corresponding modules are “Theoretische Physik III” and “Theoretische Physik IV”. These modules (lectures + tutorials) are offered in German language only. They run as regular courses during the winter terms (Theoretische Physik IV) and summer terms (Theoretische Physik III). In order to participate you need to proof your knowledge of the German language at least on the level C1.
- You sign up for the Master’s College Physics at RWTH International Academy. The fee of the college includes preparation courses (called bridging courses) in English on these topics, exclusively dedicated to the students of this college. They are offered between August and the start of the term and prepare you for the university exam. This way you make sure none of your lectures collide. For more information please get in contact with: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You prepare yourself. We do not recommend this option, because you
- will not get any support for the preparation nor for the registration for the exams
- will not get any administrative support (visa, housing, etc.)
- will not be included in the social activities of the Master’s College
- will not get any special counseling for international students
- will save the fee of the Master’s College
Option C. is legally available, but we discourage you from choosing option C. Only about 10% of students who choose option C. were successful in their studies, while about 85% of the students of the Master’s College manage to achieve the desired degree. Students not participating in the Master’s College pass less courses and take longer to complete their studies. They have to spend more money on their cost-of-living.
Please keep in mind, that you should clear your conditional exams within the first year. You are not allowed to start working on a master thesis unless you cleared all conditions.