Master's Prep Courses for Textile Engineering
Deadline: 30 June
Course Dates: The MPC take place between August and October.
- Study format:
- Preparatory Course
- Admission to M.Sc. Textile Engineering
- The courses will be held by professors and research assistants of RWTH Aachen University.
- Course fees:
- EUR 750,00 per technical course
The Master's Prep Courses for Textile Engineering are an offer for students admitted to the M.Sc. program M.Sc. Textile Engineering. The offered bridging courses provide excellent preparation for your future studies at RWTH Aachen University. A Master’s degree program at the RWTH Aachen University requires a very advanced and specialized level of technical knowledge. To obtain this level, the Master's Prep Courses offer you bridging courses, as well as scientific guidance and intense social support.
In addition to excellent preparation, you can rely on social and organisational support during your first weeks in the city of Aachen. The Master’s Prep Courses were developed by the RWTH International Academy in close cooperation with RWTH Aachen's Textile Engineering department (ITA).
Take your chance!
Every year, RWTH International Academy receives numerous applications from high potential students who, however, have difficulties with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University as their universities do have different main focuses. Our Master's Prep Courses give you the chance to acquire the knowledge needed for beginning and successfully completing the Master's degree program.
Get a head start and...
- …fulfill your admission requirements with a thorough preparation during the Master's Prep Courses.
- ...gain an insight into the academic program at RWTH Aachen University.
- ...get intensive support in small groups.
- ...brush up on your technical knowledge before the regular lectures start.
- ...benefit from a smooth transition into your Master’s degree program.
German Language Course
The importance of language is visible in every aspect and interaction in our everyday lives. Take the chance to learn German in a perfect environment directly from native speakers!
International applicants must prove basic German language skills (A1) at enrolment.
We offer you a German Language course in Aachen to take you through the whole A1 level. The German course will start in August and takes place Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day. You will finish classes after a final examination with the required A1 level in September.
Fees and Expenses
Tuition Fees (payable to RWTH International Academy)
Our Master's Prep Course is tailor-made for you as admitted M.Sc. Textile Engineering student at RWTH Aachen who wants to fulfill conditions for admission in English-taught bridging courses even before your Master's degree program starts.
Offered Master's Prep Course for Textile Engineering:
- German Language Course (inclusive)
- Mechanics I (EUR 750,00)
Master's Prep Courses - Details
To prepare you for your M.Sc. degree program Textile Engineering we offer the course Mechanics I.
||Online or offline?
||23.09. - 04.10.2019
||online & offline
Mechanics I - Content:
- Introduction to mechanics, Geometric basics, Basic terms and laws
- The concept of force, The equilibrium conditions for central force groups, Liberation and cutting principle
- The flat problem, examples
- The moment in space, Addition of moments, Representation of arbitrary force systems, Determination of the position of a body in space
- General conditions of equilibrium, Static determination of systems
- mountings, The superposition principle
- trussed girders, timber frameworks
- Non-degradable trusses, Knight's cut
- Center of force and center of gravity, individual force systems, Body with continuous mass distribution
- beams, internal forces
- frames, bows, internal forces
- friction, concept of labour, Work of forces and moments in infinitesimal motion
- Principle of virtual work, uses
- Potential forces, potential systems, Stability analysis of potential syste
Mrs. Lisa Portz
Master's Prep Coordinator