Management and Engineering in Water
Non-EU Applications: December 4 - March 1 / EU Applications: March 2 - July 15
- Study format:
- M.Sc. Degree Program
- 2 years (4 semesters)
- B.Sc./ B.Tech./ B.Eng. & 1 year work experience
- Credit points:
- 120 CP
- Course fees:
- EUR 5,900 per semester (from WS 19/20)
- M.Sc. (RWTH)
Our MME-Water students learn how to…
- develop sustainable and cost-efficient coastal and river protection solutions;
- design urban, agricultural and industrial wastewater treatment systems;
- ensure compliance with international water management and water quality standards;
- consult public and private water utilities on investment and preservation strategies;
- reconcile ecological and economic approaches to water management.
- Semester I & II: Lectures, exercises and practical courses in water engineering at the RWTH Aachen University
- Semester III: Eighteen-week management training at the Maastricht School of Management (MSM) in the Netherlands
- Semester IV: Master's thesis at RWTH or MSM
As a graduate of the MME-Water program you are qualified to work in:
- drinking water purification (for municipal or commercial water utilities)
- wastewater treatment (for example, sewage treatment plants)
- water resource management (groundwater, floods, base flow, waterway restoration)
- water and energy industry (for example, energy production from sewage water or sludge)
- international cooperation and developmental aid (water re-use, emergency management)
- digitalization in water management (data processing, big data, modelling)
Study at two European top universities!
Engineering & Management at RWTH Aachen University, Germany
The Engineering part of the program will be conducted by the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the RWTH Aachen University. This faculty sees its foremost mission in training highly qualified and responsible engineers in the broad field of Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering, including Water Engineering, for future leading positions in industry and society. Students will be trained by highly renowned professors to acquire further expertise and in-depth knowledge in the water management sector.
Head of academic administration is Prof. Dr.-Ing. Pinnekamp. Since 2004 he has been the head of the Institute for Urban Water Management at RWTH Aachen. He is also an executive board member of several important organizations in Germany's water sector and holds a guest professorship at Sichuan University, China.
Training in Strategy and Innovation Management will be conducted by highly acclaimed professors from the School of Business and Economics. The courses of this AACSB accredited faculty will be conducted by Professor Brettel and Professor Piller. Prof. Dr. rer. pol. Brettel is a Professor for Business Administration and Entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen and has extensive practical experience as a consultant, both for his start-up firms and for established companies like Porsche AG and Deutsche Post AG. Prof. Dr. rer. pol. Piller is head of the Technology and Innovation Management Group at RWTH Aachen University. He has worked at the MIT Sloan School of Management and as a consultant and has given executive workshops for many international companies, including several DAX30 and Fortune 500 corporations.
Management at Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands
Maastricht School of Management contributes the business-related component of this program. Students will be trained as a globally-oriented managers with a solid knowledge of the core management processes and with an understanding of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. Throughout the program, students will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
"Located in the heart of Europe, within easy access of Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne, Frankfurt, London and Paris, Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands. Located in Europe, but an established global player, we know how much good management matters for success. We know how important it is to make internationally accredited management education accessible. Our programs are offered around the world, from Cairo to Lima to Nanjing, and elsewhere. Forging the established with the new and the north with the south, our distinct approach to business equips our students and clients to flourish in a world where rapid change and the importance of knowledge are the only two givens. We believe our graduates learn more about themselves, as they learn about the world at MSM. Ultimately this is what will give them and their organizations the edge in life and business."
Message of the Dean, Prof. Wim A. Naudé, PhD