Master's Prep Courses for MME-PS | NPE
Deadline: 30 May (Non-EU applicants) and 15 July 2020 (EU applicants)
Course Dates: The MPCs take place between August and October.
- Study format:
- Preparatory Course
- Admission to M.Sc. MME-PS or M.Sc. NPE
- The courses will be held by professors and research assistants of RWTH Aachen University
- Course fees:
- EUR 750.00 per technical course
The Master's Prep Courses for Networked Production Engineering (NPE) and Management and Engineering in Production Systems (MME-PS) are offered to students admitted to the M.Sc. program M.Sc. NPE and M.Sc. MME-PS. The offered bridging courses provide excellent preparation for your future studies at RWTH Aachen University. A Master’s degree program at the RWTH Aachen University requires a very advanced and specialized level of technical knowledge. To obtain this level, the Master's Prep Courses offer you bridging courses, as well as scientific guidance and intense social support.
In addition to excellent preparation, you can rely on social and organizational support during your first weeks in the city of Aachen. The Master’s Prep Courses were developed by the RWTH International Academy in close cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
Take your chance!
Every year, RWTH International Academy receives numerous applications from high potential students who, however, have difficulties with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University as their universities do have different main focuses. Our Master's Prep Courses give you the chance to acquire the knowledge needed for beginning and successfully completing the Master's degree program.
Get a head start and...
- …fulfill your admission requirements with a thorough preparation during the Master's Prep Courses.
- ...gain an an insight into the academic program at RWTH Aachen University.
- ...get intensive support in small groups.
- ...brush up on your technical knowledge before the regular lectures start.
- ...benefit from a smooth transition into your Master’s degree program.
Fees and Expenses
Tuition Fees (payable to RWTH International Academy)
Our Master's Prep Courses are tailor-made for you as admitted M.Sc. NPE and M.Sc. MME-PS student at RWTH Aachen who wants to fulfill conditions for admission in English-taught bridging courses even before your Master's degree program starts.
Offered Master's Prep Courses for NPE | MME-PS:
- Mathematics III (EUR 750.00)
- Machine Design II (EUR 750.00)
- Mechanics III (EUR 750.00)
To prepare you for your M.Sc. degree program MME-PS & NPE we offer the courses Mathematics III, Machine Design II and Mechanics III.
Mathematics III - Content:
- Vector Analysis and Integral Theorems
vector fields, chain rule, differential operators (div, curl, Laplace), curve integrals, scalar and vector potentials, area and volume integrals, transformation formula, surface and flux integral, integral theorems of Gauß and Stokes.
- Fourier Analysis: Convergence of functions (uniform, pointwise, and mean square convergence), Fourier polynomials, convergence of Fourier series.
- Probability: Probability spaces, random variable, probability distribution, law of large numbers, central limit theorem.
Machine Design II - Content:
- Metal springs: general features and basic terms; spring characteristics, transmission of mechanical energy, Hooke’s law, spring compression, series and parallel springs.
- Technical design and calculations of metal spring types: helical spring, torsion spring, leaf spring, compression spring, tension spring, flat spring, Belleville spring.
- Connection elements: (form-fitting) basic terms, design and calculation of rivet joints; (force-fitting) basic terms, designs and calculations of screws; materials, mechanics and engineering design of technical threads; operating behaviour, load-extension diagram and fatigue strength of bolted connections.
- (Material bonding) basic terms and variations of soldering, welding, adhesive bonds; engineering design, calculation and technical drawing of welded connections.
- (form-/force-fitting) functionalities, engineering design and variations of shaft-hub-connections; feather key, profiled shaft, dowel pin; basic calculations, geometrical and mechanical relationships; tapered interference fit, cylindrical interference fit.
- (force-/form-fitting) basic terms and design variations of power transmission drives; e.g. v-belt, toothed belt, chain gearing; engineering design, functionalities and calculations of power transmission drives; technical documentation of different drive mechanisms.
- Basic terms and variations of technical couplings, brakes and clutches; functionalities, engineering design and calculation of variable-speed coupling, shift clutch and brake designs; mechanical basics of dynamic speed characteristics and friction work during coupling procedure.
Mechanics III - Content:
- Kinematics of the mass point: Position, velocity, acceleration; Frenet frame
- Kinematics of the rigid body: Coordinate transformation and relative motion; Derivatives; Special cases of motion
- Kinetics of the mass point: D'Alambert's principle; Momentum; Moment of momentum; Impact; Work, energy and power
- Kinetics of the rigid body: Principle of linear momentum for the rigid body; Principle of conservation of angular momentum of the rigid body; Energy and principle of energy conservation
- Energy methods: Principle of the virtual Work; Lagrange formulation
- Vibrations: Free undamped vibration; Free damped vibration; Forced vibration
Mrs. Alina Beling
Master's Prep Coordinator