Study Course Coordinator
In order to prepare for your studies in Aachen, you will need to tackle a number of organizational questions. This page provides you with an overview of all necessary steps that need to be completed before and after travelling to Germany. Helpful in this regard will be our checklist which you can download here.
1. Claim your place in the program of your choice: pay the first semester fee, send us the signed participation agreement, and accept your place on RWTH Online.
3. Book temporary accommodation and start looking for long-term options. Be sure to check out our Housing section for more info.
4. Get health insurance. You'll need medical travel insurance for three months to apply for your visa and then get statutory insurance to enroll. You can find more info here.
5. Plan your trip. Here you can find travel options and approximate costs from several airports to Aachen.
6. Plan your stay. Please take note of the semester dates when planning your stay. Also keep in mind the activities mentioned in the admission attachment.
8. Sign up to our Peer-2-Peer Mentoring Program to find a senior who can guide you through the first few weeks. Simply visit our P2P Mentoring page.
You must enroll at RWTH Aachen University.
Where? International Office, Super C Building, Templergraben 57 - 5th Floor, Room 5.31
When? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10.30 am to 12.00 noon, and Wednesday from 1.00 to 4.00 pm
You need to provide the following documents:
After enrolling you will be allocated a matriculation number and will be asked to transfer the University semester fee (approx. EUR 300; this fee is unrelated to RWTH International Academy's fees). For more information on enrollment and the University semester fee, please check the relevant RWTH Aachen University page.
Many events are held for international students coming to Aachen. These events are organized by various institutions and are of academic, administrative, or cultural focus!
M.Sc. MME-PS students are welcome to join the events organized by RWTH International Academy or RWTH International Office. For the social events organized by RWTH International Academy, students will get an email regarding the registration of the events. Please pay attention to the attendance policy when registering for welcome events.
*It is compulsory for M.Sc. MME-PS students to attend the program-specific events marked with a star in the following table.
We are looking forward to the Introduction Days with you!
To finalize your student status you have to do four more things after enrolling at RWTH Aachen University.
Study Course Coordinator