Master's Prep Courses for MME-EPS
Registration deadline: 30 June
Date: The MPC take place between August and October.
- Study format:
- Preparatory Course
- Admission to M.Sc. MME-EPS
- The courses will be held by professors and research assistants of RWTH Aachen University.
- Credit points:
- up to 7 ECTS
- Course fees:
- EUR 750,00 per technical course
The Master's Prep Courses for Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems are an offer for students admitted to the M.Sc. program M.Sc. MME-EPS. The offered bridging courses provide excellent preparation for your future studies at RWTH Aachen University. A Master’s degree program at the RWTH Aachen University requires a very advanced and specialized level of technical knowledge. To obtain this level, the Master's Prep Courses offer you bridging courses, as well as scientific guidance and intense social support.
In addition to excellent preparation, you can rely on social and organisational support during your first weeks in the city of Aachen. The Master’s Prep Courses were developed by the RWTH International Academy in close cooperation with the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
Take your chance!
Every year, RWTH International Academy receives numerous applications from high potential students who, however, have difficulties with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University as their universities do have different main focuses. Our Master's Prep Courses give you the chance to acquire the knowledge needed for beginning and successfully completing the Master's degree program.
Get a head start and...
- …fulfill your admission requirements with a thorough preparation during the Master's Prep Courses.
- ...establish first contacts with the academic program at RWTH Aachen University.
- ...get intensive support in small groups.
- ...brush up your technical knowledge before the regular lectures start.
- ...benefit from a smooth transition into your Master’s degree program.
Fees and Expenses
Tuition Fees (payable to RWTH International Academy)
Our Master's Prep Course is tailor-made for you as admitted M.Sc. MME-EPS student at RWTH Aachen who wants to fulfill conditions for admission in English-taught bridging courses even before your Master's degree program starts.
Offered Master's Prep Course for MME-EPS:
- Mathematics III (EUR 750,00)
- Power Electronics (for free)
If you participate in the Master's Prep Course the tuition fee covers:
- your chosen bridging courses
- the personal mentoring and tutoring
- support with all organizational matters
Banking Information RWTH International Academy gGmbH
Beneficiary: RWTH International Academy gGmbH
IBAN: DE90 3905 0000 0000 4383 74
Name of the bank: Sparkasse Aachen
Address of the bank: Muensterplatz 7-9, 52062 Aachen
In order to locate the payments, customer and invoice number, as well as the abbreviation of the respective Master's degree program (MPC MME-EPS) have to be indicated in the headline. As newly admitted student please indicate your application number instead of the customer/invoice number.
Master's Prep Courses - Details
To prepare you for your M.Sc. degree program MME-EPS we offer the courses Mathematics III and Power Electronics.
- multidimensional analysis (Lagrange, integration...)
- curves, surfaces
- integral theorems (Gauss, Stokes)
- differential equations
- control and efficient conversion of electrical energy
- electric drive and power supply systems
- functions and topologies of line-commutated and self-commutated power converters
- system perturbations
- self-guided power converters
- current control and pulse duration modulation method
Ms. Lisa Portz
Master's Prep Coordinator