RWTH Certificate Course Robot Operating System (ROS)
Fundamentals of Industrial Robot Navigation
Learn the basics of robot motion and the Robot Operating System (ROS). Based on fundamental communication concepts with robots, you will understand how they can be localized and navigated autonomously in a logistics scenario.
▶ Localization, mapping and motion planning with ROS
▶ Integrating ROS into industrial application fields
▶ Application of local and global path planning and collision avoidance
▶ Utilization in flexible material flow systems with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
▶ Environmental perception of mobile robot systems with various sensor technologies
Group of Participants
You are an engineer and/or computer scientist from the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science.
The Robot Operating System (ROS) has gained considerable influence in research and product development. It contains many open source implementations of common robotic functionalities and algorithms in areas such as perception, knowledge representation, planning and control. With applications ranging from mobile and stationary robotics to underwater robotics and flying drones, there are virtually no limits to the software's range of applications.
The course takes place on five consecutive days and ends with an exam. Course content is developed and consolidated in interactive lectures, group work, presentations and case studies.
Further information regarding the RWTH certificate course "Robot Operating System (ROS)"
On the first day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- Demonstration of our ROS based system; Introduction in Linux + ROS Filesystem
- ROS basics - packages, nodes, topics, publishing, subscribing, services
On the second day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- ROS basics - actions services, logging, debugging
- Practical session ROS
On the third day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- Gazebo basics - models, worlds
- Gazebo with ROS - URDF, connect ROS and Gazebo
- Practical session Gazebo and URDF
On the fourth day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- ROS theory - sensor drivers and hardware drivers
- Practical session sensor drivers and hardware drivers
On the fifth day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- ROS theory - localisation, mapping, motion planning
- Exam and Awarding Certificates