RWTH Certificate Course Data Scientist
Sustainable implementation of machine learning in production
Discover what Data Science is all about. You will learn basic methods of preprocessing data and will be able to evaluate them using artificial intelligence approaches. You will develop an understanding for the application of machine learning and master practical applications in production successfully.
▶ Preprocessing and provision of data for analysis
▶ Data Mining & Knowledge Discovery in Databases
▶ Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning
▶ Machine learning with data from industrial practice
▶ Case study: Optimizing Industrial Applications with Machine Learning
Group of Participants
You are an engineer from the fields of production, research & development, optimization or planning with basic knowledge of data structures and object-oriented programming.
In the context of industrial manufacturing, continuous improvement of running processes is increasingly important, e.g. for predictive maintenance of machines or sustainable improvement of production processes.
The course takes place on five consecutive days and ends with an exam. Course content is developed and consolidated in interactive lectures, group work, presentations and case studies.
Further information regarding the RWTH certificate course "Data Scientist"
On the first day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- Real-world data from CPS and industrial robots
- Pre-processing (e.g. dimensionality reduction)
On the second day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- Introduction to heuristics, rule-based program, expert and decision support systems
- BRMS and forward/backward chaining
- Heuristic and rule based systems in robotics
On the third day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- Introduction to machine learning: supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning
- Diving-deep: About neural networks and deep learning
- Real-world industrial applications and challenges
On the fourth day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- Introduction and presentation of case scenario and solution
On the fifth day of the course, the following topics will be taught:
- Exam and discussion
- Awarding of Certificates