Student Life in Aachen
This page provides information that will help you to get settled and enjoy your life in Aachen, be it regarding culture, sports or helpful institutions.
Aachen - Live where History meets Technology
Aachen’s historic center around the distinctive cathedral, a UNESCO world heritage site, is characterized by its student life. In the old town center, with its pubs, restaurants and shops, one can literally touch European history. In adittion to this, the great number of students makes student life in Aachen a vibrant and unique experience.
Only a few kilometers from the city center, one can find the “Border Triangle” where the frontiers of Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany meet. The attraction of living in this area includes a colorful mix of languages and people as well as short travel distances to cities such as Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne or even Paris. The hilly Eifel landscape with its streams, dams and forests offers a picturesque countryside right on the city's doorstep.
Experience Internationality in the Heart of Europe
Culture & Sports
- Extracurricular and leisure activities: you can find something for everyone here, from choirs and musik groups to student initiatives with a focus on sustainability. Take a look at the list provided here.
- Cinemas: the Cinecarree is the biggest cinema in Aachen and is located close to the heart of the old city. Besides that, there are others like the Apollo, the Eden Palast and the CAPITOL.
- Museums: the range of museums include a newspaper museum, exhibition space for international art, a cathedral treasury and many more.
- Theatres: Students can get a great discount and enjoy cassic and mordern plays in the main theatre as well as smaller theatres.
- Aachen Sports League offers training for several types of sport, from soccer to table tennis
- Spa/Hot Springs: Aachen is very famous for its hot springs. Visiting the Carolus Thermen is a great way to relax, especially after a tough study week.