Master of Science in Lasers in Dentistry
In cooperation with the Aachen Dental Laser Center (AALZ) the RWTH International Academy offers the postgraduate programme "Master of Science in Lasers in Dentistry". The course offers dentists the opportunity to become highly qualified specialists in the area of laser therapy.
This programme is recognised and accredited in Germany and the European Union, as well all countries that are signatories of the "Washington Accord".
The two-year, executive master programme "Lasers in Dentistry" comprises ten individual, self-contained modules. The programme goal is specialisation of dental practitioners to experts in laser therapy.
This postgraduate, executive education course combines lectures, skill training sessions, live OPs, tutorials and practical workshops. Additionally, the study course is rounded off with extensive literature research, homework and laboratory work, patient treatment and documentation as well as practical experiments.
Under the intensive supervision of post-doctorate employees, participants are introduced to successful and correct practical applications of lasers.
This qualification innovatively links the disciplines of life-science, medicine and natural sciences. Research and teaching meet the highest quality standards and are provided in close interdisciplinary cooperation between dentistry and physics.
The next english taught programme starts on starts on 15 September 2014.
What you can expect?
- Use of different laser systems from leading manufactures, covering all wavelenghts, in skill training and practical sessions. Practical instructions on laser handling and their subsequent practical use.
- Live operations on patients via direct monitor transfer.
- Provision of all necessary organic materials and laser-suitable safety goggles for independent practice with lasers.
- Carefully documented working materials serve as a sound reference for everyday practice.
- Distribution of specialist literature allows immersion in the subject and supplements your personal technical library.
- Training to become a certified Laser Safety Officer is part of the course.
- Certificates with ECTS credit points issued for each successfully completed module.
- Convenient learning evironment in our own state-of-the-art seminar rooms.
- Link-up to the scientific community: Participants attend international scientific congresses and are encouraged to publish in scientific journals.
- Legalization (Apostille) of the Master Degree certificates for application abroad.
The programme is aimed at legally certified dentists who wish to specialise in laser treatment. Legal certification as a dentist or an equivalent qualification is required from international students. Additional, proof of at least two years dental experience in a clinic or practice and a TOEFL or an equivalent English language qualification must be provided.
On successful completion of the course the studying dentist is awarded the academic title Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Lasers in Dentistry from RWTH Aachen University and 60 credits according the official European Transfer Credit System (ECTS). Graduates receive a certificate for each module they pass. Additionally, the certification "Laser Safety Officer" is included. The M.Sc. qualification is equivalent to a dental specialisation.
The tuition fee of € 27,000 includes comprehensive course documentation, use of the E-Learning-Platform, and an extensive participant programme including evening events, lunches and refreshments during breaks. All the RWTH Aachen University´s academic and service fees (including a local transport ticket), as welll as the legalization of documents by the Federal Government in Cologne are also included. For the programm in 2014 we offer an advance booking discount valid until 2nd April 2014 less € 500.
Since its foundation in 1991, the AALZ has been the leading worldwide institute in dental laser education. Known for its reseach in laser-assisted dentistry, it cooperates nationally and internationally with major research facilities. We offer you recognized and accredited training and help you to meet your goal of becoming a laser specialist.
Further information under AALZ (Aachen Dental Laser Center).